CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Worked like a charm.  Thanks for the very speedy response!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having the same issue. Just submitted my diagnostics: 
Hi Will,

We've flagged your account for the patch. Please try to connect your CR100 again and let us know if it does not work.
CR200 connected with no problems.  Thanks again.
Hi Jeff, I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a CR100 and a CR200 from ebay, and I cannot pair them. I get the error: "This Controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please Try again (1).. Could I possibly get the connection patch added to my account? My Diagnostic number is: 4525654
I was able to connect my CR100 this morning, will be trying the CR200 later today. Thanks so much for your help. Will let you know how it goes with the CR200. Thanks Jeff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a CR100 and a CR200 from ebay, and I cannot pair them. I get the error: "This Controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please Try again (1).. Could I possibly get the connection patch added to my account? My Diagnostic number is: 4525654
Hi Shervin,

I've updated your account for the controller patch. Please update your Sonos system and you should be able to connect your CR100 and CR200. Please let me know if this does not work.
By the way my Diagnostic number is 4525654
Hi Jeff, I'm having the exact same problem. I bought a CR100 and a CR200 from ebay, and I cannot pair them. I get the error: "This Controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please Try again (1).. Could I possibly get the connection patch added to my account?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 4491841
Hi John,

I'm happy to hear your CR100 is connected and working. Please let us know if you have any further issues or questions.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 4491841
Good to hear John, glad you've got it sorted.
Badge +1
Thanks Jeff - that worked a treat. For all the disheartened folk who have spent a fortune and are having problems, I urge you to contact the Sonos Support Team. They are fast, efficient and cured my problem in a jiffy - thanks again !
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi John,

I've added the connection patch to your account. Please check your Sonos system for updates. Once the updates are finished, try to connect your CR100 again. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Badge +1
Same problem as above - I bought a CR100 from EBay and it does not recognise the system although it does recognise when I press the mute and vol buttons on my play 3 - I submitted diagnostics on number 4511121 - any help would be appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Sam,

We've flagged your account for a patch which should help with CONTROL connectivity. Please check for updates then try to add your CONTROL back to your system.
I am having the same problem
Thanks for your advice k07 but I already called tech support at Sonos. What amazing guys they are!!! All sorted now. Can't praise them highly enough, thanks guys!!
Go to your sonos settings then advance settings and submit diagnostics and post the ticket ... they got back to me pretty quickly
Hi, I'm having the same problem as the guys above! I have tried connecting one of my ZP80's directly into my network and checked that the system works ~OK with everything else. I have also reset the controller. 
However, the CR100 will just not 'see' any of the Sonos system. Help!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Klawd07,

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you have any further issues or questions.
Thank you for the quick resolution.  I am now connected; you guys rock!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Klawd07,

We've flagged your account for an update which should help your CR100 connect again. Please check for updates then try to reconnect your CR100. Here's a guide to updating your Sonos system: Sonos updates.
I am having the same problem; I just submitted diagnostics confirmation number is: 4438098
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Spencer,

Can you send us a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number? We'll take a look for you. How to submit diagnostics.
I am now having this same problem. I have tried all the above steps and solutions, and have had no luck. 
ok, thanks