Skip to main content

App Update 80.05.04

Alright, July 22 app update just dropped.

I took the risk of updating so you don’t have to 🙃🤣 So far so good, it opened on first try. Will update.

Is it working for you?

Samsung Android users are you back to a working app?

iOS release notes 

• Added setup, configuration, and search for local Music Library
  • Improved account settings for Sonos Pro subscribers
  • Added line-in autoplay and compression settings
  • Improved accessibility in Settings
  • Improved notification for player firmware updates
  • Improved Sub audio settings with Amp

ETA THE GOOD :

• local library search is working
  • Configuration and set up for local libraries is there but I’m not testing it as it’s working for me and I don’t want to tempt fate
  • Line in auto play seems to be working.
  • Sub audio has phase control and crossover frequency. I haven’t tested if they actually do anything but hopefully working as expected.

***Loading way quicker on my network, ~2.5 seconds after a force close for Recently played, sonos favourites etc to populate. (10 sonos devices).

Last used room controls at the bottom are available right away, ie can stop whats playing in a hurry if required. I think this is a good change.

Release notes not updated yet but will be posted here whenever they get around to it.

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/release-notes-for-sonos-software-updates

Moderator edit: typo in title changed

81 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nope, things seem worse for me on iOS. Today nothing would load and all my speakers were gone. I went to my Mac and played from there and now all is showing from my phone. My personal library under Your Sources is now gone where I was able to play from it on the phone before. How do I get that back (again!)? At least I can access my personal music through the computer app for now.

Userlevel 2

Hey on this horrendous app. How to I remove songs from queue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hey on this horrendous app. How to I remove songs from queue 

Queue management is being added back in Sept/Oct…

IOS version update broke my system. Only 4 of 6 devices still show as connected. Not that it matters because the app times out when trying to play to any of them. Web app works ( sort of) so speakers are connected. Seriously, just re-release the pre may app as an alternative until you get this sorted out. Anyone have any thoughts on alternatives?

IOS User here, new update causing me cannot find any of my system in my networks…the two Sonos era 300 like a display toy now…

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

One more suffering excessive idle battery drain.