Answered

Sonos One Google Assistant and Youtube music premium - Playback paused because this account is being used in another location

Sonos One Google assistant and Youtube music premium

Error: Playback paused because this account is being used in another location

Sonos one bought in the UK, for at least 30% of songs it just skips the song and shows the above error.

For example while playing Indian Summer by Jai Wolf

icon

Best answer by Simon B 15 August 2020, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Hi Simon,

The link you posted just tells me that there is no phone support in my region. 

But, seriously, the issue has been described in detail here, and many people are having it, why don't you just start working on it?

I have this problem as well, albeit isn’t when using Google Assistant - it happens when trying to play via the Sonos app.

It happens intermittently.  I first reported the issue to Youtube Music about a year ago, and despite multiple interactions there has been no progressed.  I also reported it to Sonos, who after taking me through a bunch of troubleshooting could come up with no solution.  

The same tracks that don’t work on Youtube Music are fine when using Google Play Music as the source within the Sonos app.  The tracks also work fine when using Youtube Music in its own app or via the web.

The problem seems to be playing via the Sonos app.  Unclear whether it is a Google problem or a Sonos problem, but it doesn’t seem like either see it as a priority to fix (though Sonos support has been a lot easier to work with!).

Same issue here

diagnostic Numbers: 692801181

Song example:

Dye My Hair - by ALMA

Queen elizabeth - by cheat codes

then it just skips

And if you look further up in this thread you can see that people already posted their diagnostic number. 

I have this problem too, had it for months. Premium subscription of YouTube Music :(

I have the same issue as well , does not play all the songs, it is totally random, YouTube Music need to just add casting to Sonos like Play Music, problem solved.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Simon B thanks for getting back to me.

The issue is intermittent, and isn't happening right now, so I can't do much trouble shooting right now.

But I can confirm the following:

1. The issue has never occurred in the native app or on my Google Nest Mini.

2. I can confirm from my YouTube music listening history that there has been no unauthorised/unknown usage of the account, and most certainly not at the time of the issue.

I have recently switched over the subscription from Google Play  music to YouTube music. Previously I sometimes had issues with the Assistant on Sonos where you'd ask for a song by a slightly incorrect title A, it would recognise it enough to come back and say now playing (correct title) B on Google Play music, followed by something along the lines of the song being unavailable on Google Play. I haven't had that issue since switching to the YouTube subscription, but feels similar in nature and frequency - i.e. it happens after the song is identified and requested, and exclusively with the Sonos Google Assistant, not native apps or native assistants.

Userlevel 2

I have this problem too, had it for months. Premium subscription. Same experience of YouTube Music support being dismissive or inappropriate  ("have you tried switching your Sonos speaker off and on again?"). It's Google believing their "single stream limit" is being breached. Almost certainly a defect in their Sonos plugin service that will only get fixed when Sonos approaches them to take it seriously.

Same issue here, very annoying. Sonos stability is just not what it used to be, like all the app crashes in S1 Android app, embarrassing. Things used to just work, like with Apple, which was a major plus for Sonos. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue with your Sonos system. So that we can create a troubleshooting ticket for this issue. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may request remote access to your device controller and check for the error message and give additional instructions and options about this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Don’t know if this helps anyone… I’ve had this problem for a while now google play would work fine, but youtube music wouldn’t play stating the usual: your account is being used on another device, when it wasn’t. 

I opened the sonos app, selected settings, opened Services & Voice. under Voice I selected add a service and then chose Google assistant. 

Everything then started to work for me all youtube music has played perfectly since yesterday! 

I hope this helps someone?

Same problem, unable to play any music via sonos youTube music from any device (mac, iphone, android).  Diagnostic report # 138278629.

YouTube not being used at any other location.  Also originally Google Play Music user.

Exact same issue here. Oh my God I'm so tired of Sonos, there's always something wrong. If it was just possible to cast to the stupid speakers, all this would be solved. I'm throwing my **** Sonos speakers in the trash and buying some B&o instead, at least you can cast to those (and they sound better). 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

Don’t know if this helps anyone… I’ve had this problem for a while now google play would work fine, but youtube music wouldn’t play stating the usual: your account is being used on another device, when it wasn’t. 

I opened the sonos app, selected settings, opened Services & Voice. under Voice I selected add a service and then chose Google assistant. 

Everything then started to work for me all youtube music has played perfectly since yesterday! 

I hope this helps someone?

Nope Sorry this has stopped working again :( 

Any help would be appreciated 

Hi Simon thanks for your help, I personally don't think  my phone is the issue I can replicate this on three other phones, the issue looks like it is YouTube and Sonos and reading other post I am not the only one. My is YouTube not letting us cast directly to Sonos?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @clas00904, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking, you have the Google play music and the Youtube Music added on the Sonos App, I’ll ask you to try to remove the Google Play Music and Youtube Music. and readd just Youtube Music. let’s see if it will work.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Exact same issue here.  Using YouTube Premium since Google Play got canned.  SONOS Playbar and numerous Ones throughout the house and intermittently a song will not load and the ‘other location’ message is shown.  I am also experiencing songs losing sound half way through for 4-5 seconds and then coming back on.  Wifi is through a brand new Google Nest Hub using NBN and speeds over 60mbps.  No other wifi issues in the house.  This issue has been around for over 12 months and its annoying a fix is still not applied.  Dropped thousands on the gear and it keeps falling over! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Murch, thanks for the update. If it does happen again in the future, feel free to reach out. 

Thanks for getting back to me :)

have you tried to remove and readd the music service on the Sonos App to check if that will work?

Yes, a few times, in fact it is the same songs it can't play every time. And many others for example I was playing new albums from YouTube music and 3 of the songs from the album would not play others would. Every odd.

And are there multiple accounts that are logged in on the Sonos App?

No only me, I am the only one with the app installed, this never happened in Google Play , it would play every song but it's no longer thanks to Google.

Thanks Brent

Hi @Simon B.

I tried removing both service and adding only YouTube Music. That didn’t help.

It seems to be happening for certain artists only.

If I try to play anything by Queen, then I always get the error.

Other artists play just fine.

The player returns “TransportStatus=ERROR_SONOSAPI_7” if that helps in any way.

Ok removed Google Play Music, still same problem, you should be able to replicate this as well, I have a few songs that will not play but did play when using Google Play Music through the Sonos app.

Thanks again for your excellent support I am sure I am not the only person with this problem. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @AaronW, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Regarding your concern about the diagnostic that you provided, I can’t see any issues with the Sonos system. and with the Youtube premium subscription set up on your Sonos account. I'll ask some questions to assist further.

•  Have you tried to remove and readd the Youtube Music on your Sonos App? 
  • Have you tried another device if it’s the same error?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @VanAxe, thanks for the update, about your concern, since you tried and replicated the issue with 3 other devices and it’s still the same, We need further support for this issue.  kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and so that they can create a troubleshooting ticket for this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

I have the same issue with YouTube Music.

Google Play Music doesn’t have the same issue.

Diagnostics #  863107402.

Play works fine on Android and when casting.

Tried to Reauthorize and Readd the service. Both didn’t help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @clas00904, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. Regarding this concern and error message, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may request for remote access or screen share to your controller or device where you have the Sonos App to further check what could be causing this issue.