Answered

Sonos One Google Assistant and Youtube music premium - Playback paused because this account is being used in another location

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Then I would repeat my statement about calling Sonos support.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @leviticus71, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that the issue still persists after doing some necessary troubleshooting steps. You might want to check this link on Youtube Music support which has the exact same error message. but If that still doesn’t work, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps to check what could be causing this issue. 

Hi @HyperKo, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you’re having the same issue. I want to ask some questions to further check.

• Have you tried it on another controller device where you have the Sonos App if the issue persists?
  • When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made on the settings on the Google Assistant or Youtube Music and Sonos before the issue occurred?
  • Is your Youtube Music account being used in other locations?
  • Does it happen randomly or on almost all the song requests?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @VanAxe, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, Google play music is still associated with the Sonos App. Kindly remove the Google Play Music account and just leave the Youtube Music and let’s check if it will be fixed. 

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Add me to the list, tried all the suggested fixes above, unsurprisingly with no effect.

I’m using S1 app and various Google Home devices. I just now received the ‘playback paused error’, after I used Assistant to ask for a track specifically. Google successfully processed the request and the correct track appeared in the app, but it didn’t play and the app showed the error. I located the exact same track in YTMusic and it played no problem. I also searched for the track manually in the app, and it played it fine. So at least on this occasion, the problem seems to be between YouTube and Sonos, but only if the request comes via the assistant.

I can only guess that maybe at the point that Sonos tries to play the track, maybe the assistant is lingering on the request still, and that is actually where the YTMusic account is ‘in use’. All I’m asking is “play xxx”, the Assistant may well still be considering (for want of a better word) playing it on itself (the Home device I’m talking to) and not passing it to the Sonos. I wondering if I define a Sonos speaker in the initial request it will bypass the problem? Or remove YTMusic from my Assistant completely (probably not even possible). I guess I’ll have a look.

I’m adding this issue to my list:

• Account incorrectly labeled ‘in use’: can’t play music.
  • Using Android app to search ‘Podcasts and shows’ and the app crashes: can’t play music.
  • Browsing through my library and only a small percentage of my ‘artists’,  ‘songs’ or ‘albums’ are loaded: can’t play music. 

I really don’t care at this point if the issues are with Sonos or Google, I’ve had enough. I’d really love these to be ironed out, hence my input here. But it’s increasingly clear that this is the way my system will quickly deteriorate as Sonos itself suggested it would via the end of updates during the initial announcement of the whole S1/legacy fiasco. So I’m not too surprised, but very disappointed. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mittaltanind,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out with your issue.

Can you confirm that this YouTube Music account is not streaming on a different phone, speaker or other location, as the error message is suggesting?

If this is persisting, please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos app and include the confirmation number in your reply. 

The data in this report will help us understand what is happening with your music service playback.   

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @VanAxe, thanks for the update. Sorry that the issue persists after removing the Google Play Music on your Sonos App. So that e can have this checked further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They would request for remote access with your device controller where you have the Sonos App to check what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.