Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
System unusable after airplay updates. Worked without any problems the last years. Music from surround speakers cutting out constantly (tunein and spotify), this morning the tv setup disappeared. I had to reconnect them all. I changed wireless channels on my router and sonos. No change. Dropouts all the time.

Diagnostic: 543670153

Hi abiffi,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like there's an issue with the wireless card on your Playbase. This would explain why you're having issues with the surround audio as those speakers connect through your Playbase's wireless signal. It would be best to reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. Please call us up, our phone number is found here.
Badge
I have a Beam, a One, and a Play:5, each in their own room. The Beam and One are frequently paired. All have gone missing from my Sonos iOS and macOS apps, and are also unavailable through Spotify Connect. Alexa can't find them either. I've tried selecting a dedicated 2.4GHz channel on my Apple Extreme Base Station. Diagnostic report: 705591946. Advice?
System unusable after airplay updates. Worked without any problems the last years. Music from surround speakers cutting out constantly (tunein and spotify), this morning the tv setup disappeared. I had to reconnect them all. I changed wireless channels on my router and sonos. No change. Dropouts all the time.

Diagnostic: 543670153
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you're having trouble streaming from iOS devices, please see my post here about the fixes included in version 9.1, released today.
Badge +1
After adding two Play 3's to my system that was working great, I'm now getting chaos with Apple Music...constant drop outs, speakers going on and off. After about 10 minutes of that things settle down and play fine. Then if i try to skip a song or put something else on, chaos happens again. App controls stop working. I have a few turntables hooked up to connects that seem to work fine, don't get the dropouts on that. Any time i'm using the app and try to change room speakers this happens, but when I have just 4 speakers or so on things seem to be fine. Also browsing Apple Music through Sonos apps on phone and iPad the app consistently crashes after a minute or so. Doesn't happen on the laptop. Diagnostics 326072758. Thanks!
Badge
Got issues with mye setup as well.
Playbar, sub, two Play:1.
While playing music my two Play:1 speakers, and sometimes the sub, drop out. They come back on after 5-20 seconds. They do not disappear from my setup.
I'm on a Airties wifi-mesh system. My routers wifi is disconnected and is hardwired into a mesh-node, so is my Playbar.

My diagnistics is: 181192106
Can I have an update on this please?
I have cleared the wireless network credentials but still the same issue persists. Here is another report from tonight 2074826438.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Sonos Support,

I haven't heard back on the above in a few days. Is there nothing else you can give me to try?

Please try clearing the wireless credentials from your Sonos speakers. This may help them stay in communication. If that doesn't help, send along a new report.
Hello Sonos Support,

I haven't heard back on the above in a few days. Is there nothing else you can give me to try?
Hey Jeff,
I changed channels for Sonos and still the same. Another diagnostic for you 1963908031.
Both my playbase and play:1 have a really annoying intermittent cutout for less than a second every few minutes. This is after the last update. Both speakers are hard wired to the network.
Your confirmation number is: 1904878973.
The MMBM is my own network/router at home. I'm not sure what the unnamed network from that same access point, but I do have 2.4 and 5ghz running. The router is a Linksys Velop (2 device mesh), and the BOOST is hard wired in, not on wifi. I also had the same issue when I had an Asus router last year as well, which was not a mesh setup.

I'm pretty sure as of yesterday, the Sonos Net Channel is usually on 1, and my MMBM is either at 3 or 9. For the 5ghz, i'm pretty sure they are also on diff channels. Do you know the channel number that Sonos is using for the 5ghz? I am pretty sure that they are not on the same channel, but I can give you the specifics of the MMBM 5ghz later when i'm home. Either way, the interference is there, even though my own network is not on the same channel. Which is what is frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello Jeff,

I had my wireless camera unplugged all night, and still got the cut off from sound about 4-5 times while watching Deadpool2. I only submitted one diagnostic, the last one. 173547566

Thank you.

There are still wireless communication errors between your PLAYBAR and surround units. Overall, your whole system is getting hit with interference. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. Hopefully this will reduce the interference from nearby signals that may be running on the same, or an overlapping channel. There are many wireless networks in range, some of them are very strong, such as the MMBM network, and an unnamed network coming from the same access point.
Hello Jeff,

I had my wireless camera unplugged all night, and still got the cut off from sound about 4-5 times while watching Deadpool2. I only submitted one diagnostic, the last one. 173547566

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's very frustrating that you basically have to have an ideal setup with no other wi-fi devices in your home to have Sonos working properly all the time. I can't tell you how many issues I've had since I bought my Sonos Ones and Sub. Now only one of my Sonos Ones is working and the SUB isn't working. I have a BOOST. The whole setup is within a few feet of my router. I can't sit here all night switching back and forth between my 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz networks, changing ethernet cables, an app that continually tells me an update is available when I friggin just waited 10 minutes for an update, hafl the time the app doesn't even see my network, yada, yada. It's ridiculous. Sonos, just make a system that works. Thank you.

Hi there,

It's not normal to have the issues you're describing. If you can connect to your system, please submit a diagnostic report after running into these issues. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.

If you can connect, try the steps in this guide to get reconnected, then send along a diagnostic report once connected.

Maybe you can clarify something for me. I have an Eeros setup which seems to be able to work with most 2.4 GHz devices but not the Sonos. Why is that?

Eeros is a mesh networking system. In general, mesh networks don't always work well with Sonos if the system is set up to connect to the third party mesh. It can be done, and there are a few things you can do to make it more stable, such as ensuring that each access point is running on the same wireless channel.

Our recommended configuration in a mesh setup, is to have one Sonos unit wired into the hub or main router. This puts Sonos on its own mesh network, where it can prioritize the network traffic needed for the units to stay in communication and keep the streaming audio going.
It's very frustrating that you basically have to have an ideal setup with no other wi-fi devices in your home to have Sonos working properly all the time. I can't tell you how many issues I've had since I bought my Sonos Ones and Sub. Now only one of my Sonos Ones is working and the SUB isn't working. I have a BOOST. The whole setup is within a few feet of my router. I can't sit here all night switching back and forth between my 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz networks, changing ethernet cables, an app that continually tells me an update is available when I friggin just waited 10 minutes for an update, hafl the time the app doesn't even see my network, yada, yada. It's ridiculous. Sonos, just make a system that works. Thank you.

Hi there,

It's not normal to have the issues you're describing. If you can connect to your system, please submit a diagnostic report after running into these issues. Reply here with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.

If you can connect, try the steps in this guide to get reconnected, then send along a diagnostic report once connected.

Maybe you can clarify something for me. I have an Eeros setup which seems to be able to work with most 2.4 GHz devices but not the Sonos. Why is that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My music keeps cutting out and it’s driving me crazy. Just submitted diagnostic 174996668. Please help!

HI there,

Thanks for sending in the report. There are wireless communication errors between your speakers. This could be due to interference from nearby signals running on the same channel as your Sonos system. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using, and see if that does the trick.

Or, if you prefer, you could set permanent reservations for all of your devices in your router's DHCP table. A little different work, but it does have long term payoff. I did it several years ago, and my network has been rock solid across several moves.

Interesting idea. I'll look into this.
It's unfortunate that Sonos doesn't have the ability to control the wifi network it's connected to, for sure. But generally speaking, given a clean environment to connect to, it works flawlessly.

thecity2, in your case, it may not be the wireless environment per se, but instead a problem with duplicate IPs. Sonos would be able to tell you if you were able for sure if you were to submit a diagnostic and post the number here (or perhaps in another thread, you have already?). But my initial reaction based on your post was that it does sound like a wifi refresh would be in order. There's two ways of doing this, both valid, one more potentially short term, and one much more effective in the long term.

The short term potential fix is to unplug from power all of your Sonos devices. Then reboot your router. Once the router has come back up, plug in each Sonos device one at a time, allowing each to fully boot up before moving to the next. This will force each one to get a new/fresh IP address from your router.

Or, if you prefer, you could set permanent reservations for all of your devices in your router's DHCP table. A little different work, but it does have long term payoff. I did it several years ago, and my network has been rock solid across several moves.
My music keeps cutting out and it’s driving me crazy. Just submitted diagnostic 174996668. Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,

I do have one wireless camera, but it is at least 8 feet away from the speakers and router. I can disconnect and retry. Would there be a reason why the subwoofer cuts the sound off as well, along with the surround play1s?

The SUB is using the same 5 ghz wireless connection as the rear speakers.
Hi Jeff,

I do have one wireless camera, but it is at least 8 feet away from the speakers and router. I can disconnect and retry. Would there be a reason why the subwoofer cuts the sound off as well, along with the surround play1s?