Is your music cutting out? Or are your players disappearing from the app?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

385 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please help, I’m having trouble playing music via Spotify on my Sonos Play 1. It will start playing a song then stop at 15 seconds in (sometimes less) and then go on to the next song. My WiFi is working fine. It’s also up to date with updates. Any ideas?

I did a support diagnostic and my number is: 290947313.

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speaker is having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network due to interference from nearby networks running on the same wireless channel as your own. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve changed it to 1, the songs started playing a little longer but are still skipping into the next song? New diagnostic number: 1338757870.

Your speaker is still having a hard time keeping the communication going with your router. How far away from the router is the speaker? Can you try moving it closer? Are there any environmental factors in between the speaker and router, such as walls or cabinets?
Please help, I’m having trouble playing music via Spotify on my Sonos Play 1. It will start playing a song then stop at 15 seconds in (sometimes less) and then go on to the next song. My WiFi is working fine. It’s also up to date with updates. Any ideas?

Hi there,

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speaker is having a hard time staying connected to your wireless network due to interference from nearby networks running on the same wireless channel as your own. Try changing your router's wireless channel to 1 and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve changed it to 1, the songs started playing a little longer but are still skipping into the next song? New diagnostic number: 1338757870.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have five play 5 connected to a sonos bridge which is hard wired to the router

seems to cut music more often than not thats why I had the bridge installed

should I just connect them to wifi and do away with the bridge

diagnostic number 342983582

Thanks for sending in the report. Your Bridge overall has a clean signal, but your other speakers are reporting a high level of wireless noise. There are some wireless communication errors between a few of your speakers as well. If you haven't already done so, try the steps found in this guide, which help with many of the issues that can cause audio interruptions.

You might look around and in between your speakers for third party wireless electronics which could cause interference. Devices such as cordless phone bases, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras and wireless printers all could make it hard for nearby Sonos speakers to stay in sync. Try moving away any such devices and see if things improve
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I have five play 5 connected to a sonos bridge which is hard wired to the router

seems to cut music more often than not thats why I had the bridge installed

should I just connect them to wifi and do away with the bridge

diagnostic number 342983582
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic submitted. 709448844

Have been getting “bufffer insufficient to maintain playback” off and on for months. Have tried all kinds of fixes - using boost mode, changing wireless channel, bought a wireless booster etc - and nothing has worked. It’s extremely frustrating.

Please help!

Thanks for sending in the report. I see that your Family Room component is getting hit with a lot of wireless interference. Take a look around the Connect to see if there are any third party electronic devices nearby which could cause interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless baby monitors, wireless cameras, and wireless printers. Try moving away any nearby devices and see if that helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sending in the report. It looks like you're streaming from an iOS device's library. You're probably running into an issue where non-Sonos Airplay devices on your network interrupt streaming from the iOS device. You can get it working by disabling Airplay on those devices, or by disabling the auto lock feature on your iOS device's settings menu under display and brightness.

Another option is to move your library from your iOS device onto a computer or NAS drive,, then setting up a music share. Doing so will allow you to play your library, using any controller without issues if you have Airplay devices active, and even if your iOS device goes offline.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Diagnostic 748375781

Hello
I run a very small restaurant and bar ( less than 12 tables) and having significant issues with Sonos connectivity. We have two Sonos play 1.. one in bar area and one in dining area.

We have an access point in the bar area with the router on the floor upstairs. Tracks keep skipping and the second dining area Sonos keeps losing connectivity. I’ve tried tunein...Spotify...amazon...all the same. I’ve changed wireless channels and tried moving the Sonos devices around to see if that helps

I’m really at a loss as to how to resolve. The music is not smooth at all and makes for an unpleasant experience. We’ve had to resort to older less desirable options which we don’t want to do.

Please could you advise how to resolve?

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. In your diagnostic report I see that your wireless access points are running on different wireless channels. This can make it hard for the Sonos speakers to stay in communication. Please try changing all of your access points over to the same channel, and make sure that it's a different wireless channel than your guest network. We recommend using channels 1, 6, and 11 as they do not overlap.
Diagnostic submitted. 709448844

Have been getting “bufffer insufficient to maintain playback” off and on for months. Have tried all kinds of fixes - using boost mode, changing wireless channel, bought a wireless booster etc - and nothing has worked. It’s extremely frustrating.

Please help!
Hi! My playbase keeps cutting the audio for like 10 seconds at a time before coming back. It is *not* wireless, but connected using a wire. Diagnostics number: 650979270
Switched my 2nd amp to be hardwired, even though my AV guys said both sonos and creston reccomend one being hardwired and the rest not....hooked it into my rack and no problems....HARDWIRE is always the way to go 😮

Room has just started disappearing out of nowhere, have cycled power on the device multiple times
Thanks for the reply Bruce; I had initially figured this was the megathread for these issues. After posting I kept researching and realized this interference was because what I thought was wired on this particular Play:3, actually wasn't. When double checking the connections for the devices in that area I discovered it was still relying on wifi. Once I wired everything up this has cleared up, which is why I haven't pursued it with another post.

Thanks again.
First off, I'd actually recommend that you create a new topic with your issue. Much more likely to be seen by Sonos than here on page 13 of a long thread.

I'm inferring from your post that your Sonos speakers are all on your wifi. Have you tried doing a "wired" network, by connecting one Sonos device (a BOOST, or one of the speakers) to your router upstairs?

What's the building made of? Is it old brick or stone, or stick frame with wallboard?
Diagnostic 748375781

Hello
I run a very small restaurant and bar ( less than 12 tables) and having significant issues with Sonos connectivity. We have two Sonos play 1.. one in bar area and one in dining area.

We have an access point in the bar area with the router on the floor upstairs. Tracks keep skipping and the second dining area Sonos keeps losing connectivity. I’ve tried tunein...Spotify...amazon...all the same. I’ve changed wireless channels and tried moving the Sonos devices around to see if that helps

I’m really at a loss as to how to resolve. The music is not smooth at all and makes for an unpleasant experience. We’ve had to resort to older less desirable options which we don’t want to do.

Please could you advise how to resolve?

Thanks
One of my Play:5s started skipping today when playing from my wife's iPhone local content. It goes away when my iPhone's wifi is turned off. Turning my wifi radio back on immediately starts with the skipping/drop outs. Diagnostic number 1274459286 was submitted while this was going on.

The Play:5 is hard wired to the network, and there are several other speakers that aren't, if that matters. The wifi channel is one.

What other diagnostic information can I provide?

Thanks.

.sal
Jumping on the bandwagon here. I recently connected a TT to a Connect:Amp I wasn’t using. My setup prior to adding this device was a Playbar, Play:1, and another Connect:Amp powering speakers on my deck. None of the three devices ever dropped off my app in the past 5 years.

The second Connect:Amp connected to my TT drops off once day. Each time, I unplug the power and plug it back in so it can reestablish a connection.

My Bell HomeHub 300 Router is set to Channel 6.
SonosNet Channel is set to Channel 11.

Diagnostic: 293570726

Thanks

Jonathan
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Spotify just stopped and skipped on one song.
Diagnostic sent: 1929882447

New diagnostic after some time still stuttering and skipping...
I have tplink wifi deco m5 with full wifi an a little 85mq house.
So this is not possible to be a network problem.
Same thing was happening from time to time with my previous Asus n56u router and to me it is not a network problem.

Diag 570468033

Edit:
Tunein is working like a charme while Spotify stops and stutter.... So annoying
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Spotify just stopped and skipped on one song.
Diagnostic sent: 1929882447
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue since couple of days. Nothing change in my setup/network. Please can you help? This is REALLY annoying.

Diagnostic 170095515
Since it's the end of the year, it's unlikely that you're going to get a response for a couple of days, unless you try the 24/7 support on Twitter or Facebook. While they purport to be 24/7, I'm not sure whether they're available on holidays as well, but it's better than waiting for Wednesday for a response here.
Badge
Tried changing wireless channel. Was set to Auto and changed to 6. Submitted diag 1736949196. Dropping while playing from Sirius. Speakers missing also.

Any help on this issue looking at the diagnostics?
Hi,
We keep having issues with the Sonos playback cutting in and out.
The internet speed is good (40mbps), and last night I went through and changed every wifi enabled device in the house that we could to 5GHz to reduce interference. So it is now pretty much just the Sonos on there 2.4GHz band.
I then scanned our area, and there are no other transmissions on Ch 6, so have set the Sonos to Ch 6. I have just rescanned, and the Sonos is the only device on that channel.
But this morning the music is still occasionally cutting in and out. Please help, its getting really frustrating.
Diagnostic number. 1500539342.