Skip to main content
Answered

Connect Amp keeps dropping out audio

• 19 September 2023
  • 102 replies

Hi I have 4 Connect Amps that have been working fine for some years but just recently they are dropping the Audio for a few seconds which is very annoying. I have spoken to Sonos Support on a few occasions and done everything they have suggested to fix this which they say is WiFi Interference such as switching channels etc but still have problems. This happens on any music source but I have noticed when the speakers go silent the sound levels are still going up and down on the app as if its playing the audio in other words not muted, not sure if this helps identify the problem. I am getting to the point now where soon these will be removed as they just aren't worth the hassle. I have seen a few threads where people have had the same problem but the only answers I have seen are contact Sonos Support.

Has anyone had this problem and got a viable solution??????

Some posts suggest an issue with S2 being introduced so does anyone know if this is a problem??

102 replies

I don’t think I’m willing to pay for a bunch of new Sonos equipment with a 15% discount when I may have to do this all over again in a few years. I’m considering what alternatives are out there.  Thanks. 

Part of the issue is that people liken Sonos gear to traditional HIFI components, which can last many decades with reasonable care.

However they are more like network devices.  In that respect they can become obsolete due to using outdated protocols or due to being unable to support newer firmwares.   I would compare them to PCs, phones or tablets and it’s likely that the Connect Amps are by far the oldest things on your network.  They really are generations apart in IT terms from the newer Sonos gear so I think one has to factor in upgrades when buying Sonos, just as you do when buying computer, phones and tablets.  It’s just the ‘baked-in’ nature of IT. 
For my part my Connect:Amps were 10yrs+ old and were becoming too unreliable.  The newer amps I replaced them with have no such issues.  

Are you sure they were 10 years old? The s2 compatible connect amps were released in 2016ish and Sonos sold them until 2019 and as refurbs into 2020. I think owners should expect more than this from Sonos.