Sonos stops after playing one song from Amazon Music

• 4 October 2017
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please follow the steps I've listed in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-alexa-issues-6796539/index1.html#post16180399
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Will do when I get back home. Now away for a few days. Thanks for your help on this.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Unfortunately no joy having followed those steps. Still get one song and no more. I notice that some devices are duplicated in Alexa once it goes through the discovery process again. The only possibly unusual thing about my Amazon account is that I’m in a household with my father. Obviously that shouldn’t make any difference and I can’t toggle that because you have to wait 180 days to rejoin a household if you leave.
Badge
I’m having same issue of one song and done... not every time and or didn’t do it in beginning. REALLY FRUSTRATING that so many have this issue and NO accurate ANSWER.
Come on Sonos. Amazon built into your quantity speakers and not like we are having an issue doing something strange. Just play music on the speakers built to play music 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please try these actions - I understand this is Amazon Alexa dropping the Authorisation Token:

- Log out of ALL Amazon apps;
- Disable the Sonos Skill in Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos;
- Reboot any wired Sonos product followed by all other Sonos products;
- Reenable the Sonos skill in the Amazon Skill in Alexa App>Skills

Please retest and let us know.

Edit:

Oops I think I've just repeated myself...:S
this happened to our sonos one last night. anyone find a good fix yet?
this happened to our sonos one last night. anyone find a good fix yet?

See the post directly above yours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi William, a couple suggestions to start with, can you please disable the Alexa skill and enable it again? When you do so, discover devices again.

If you're still having this issue, can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?
Userlevel 1
I did as you suggest. Same result - only one song plays.

Diagnostic confirmation number is 7913964.
Badge
Submitted a diagnostic report on this issue as part of the beta program. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything when the beta program ended, but the problem persists. So after all that time testing, this app is now useless to me. Very disappointed.
Badge
I have the same issue. The above workaround does not work for me.
Userlevel 1
Above workaround not working for me either.
I have the same issue too. "Play xxxx radio" gives me one track of whichever artist I ask for then music stops. If I ask Alexa to pay another track it tells me I cannot as it is already streaming on another device.