Sonos stops after playing one song from Amazon Music

• 4 October 2017
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 2
Any updates on this issue?
Badge
I had exactly the same issues, and contacted SONOS support, The diagnostics showed some anomalies with my ethernet connection. I played around with it, and my Alexa functionality is now nearly perfect.

Basically, I had a wired ethernet connection into my Player speaker from my router, I also had an ethernet cable running OUT of the Playbar into my Sky TV box - I was effectively using the Playbar as a hub. I unplugged the OUT cable so my Sky box wasn't using the ethernet run through he Playbar. Instantly, all was working with Alexa and Sonos (except my bedroom Play 1, which worked fine after a power down cycle). When I plugged the Sky box back into the ethernet on the Playbar, there was no detrimental effect on the Alexa/Sonos functionality.

Very happy camper now. Hope this might help some of the others.
True. Seems even the beta feedback page is a beta. :-;
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Participation in this beta assumes one will submit issues and feedback to the beta team to help improve the coming general release. Please submit a diagnostic after these issues occur and post feedback to the beta feedback page here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta

Done. Though I selected iOS as the control when Alexa should be an option.
Participation in this beta assumes one will submit issues and feedback to the beta team to help improve the coming general release. Please submit a diagnostic after these issues occur and post feedback to the beta feedback page here:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta
I have the same issue too. "Play xxxx radio" gives me one track of whichever artist I ask for then music stops. If I ask Alexa to pay another track it tells me I cannot as it is already streaming on another device.
Userlevel 1
Above workaround not working for me either.
Badge
I have the same issue. The above workaround does not work for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
From a different thread, here's something that worked for another user.
Here is an update on how I was able to find a work-around:
1. forget all Sonos devices in the Alexa App.
2. Disable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App.
3. Re-enable the Sonos Skill in the Alexa App.
4. Power Off then on Echo Dot
5. Power Off then on the Sonos speakers

Now I can both start and stop music in the living room, as well as advance tracks. The music does not stop after a single song.

Hopefully these steps will help someone else. The key here is that simply disabling and re-enabling the skill is not sufficient. Devices must actually be powered off to solve the issue.
Badge
Submitted a diagnostic report on this issue as part of the beta program. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything when the beta program ended, but the problem persists. So after all that time testing, this app is now useless to me. Very disappointed.
Userlevel 1
I did as you suggest. Same result - only one song plays.

Diagnostic confirmation number is 7913964.
Badge
I have just had the same issue, but after 2 songs were played. If I go into the Alexa web app, select the Sonos speaker that was playing, I can see the scrubber bar is at the very end and it thinks it is still playing. If I press next track, it starts the next song in the playlist.

I too will submit a diagnostic report.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi William, a couple suggestions to start with, can you please disable the Alexa skill and enable it again? When you do so, discover devices again.

If you're still having this issue, can you submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?