SONOS connection to Amazon Prime Music

• 15 December 2018
  • 9 replies

OK, I did alot of research in to this and talked to several people about it. If a customer is in Canada has an Alexa device (echo) they CAN connect their Amazon Prime Music (with membership) to the Sonos. You need to connect the Sonos to your Alexa (need to add the SONOS skill) by directing it to the sonos and then by voice command ask Alexa to play "x" playlist on whatever you have called the speaker (ie: Family Room, Living room, etc). Then you control play, forward, reverse through the SONOS app.
Basically I am saying Amazon Prime music Canada get your s**t together and build an Amazon music app for Canada that works with Sonos.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge +1
There may be something unique to the Amazon - Sonos connection in Canada, but here is a screenshot of Amazon Music (no Alexa involved) from my system which is the US:

Is this on your computer or what device, and walk me through the path. thx!
Badge +1
This is on my PC. It also works on my Android and iOS devices.

I'll lead you through this on my Android Phone. Go to Settings > Add Music Services. Select Amazon Music

If you look at the middle panel, they do not list Canada as an available country. If you can get it on your Alexa, there may be a contractual problem with Sonos. Or you may be able to get it.

If you are able to set it up, Amazon Music should show up under Browse,

Good Luck with this.
This is what I get.

Badge +1
You may be SOL for now. Looks like this is a know issue and Sonos promised to make changes in early 2018.

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/amazon-music-canada-6794201/index1.html#post16167840
Badge +1
I see in another post that some has changed the country in their Sonos profile to US and this worked for them. You may want to try this.
Hi everyone, just got a Sonos One, trying to connect with Amazon music prime- impossible, Amazon music is not among Music Services that can be added in the Sonos app for Android. Maybe this is specific to Belgium? Moreover, when I go to voice services, although I installed Amazon Alexa, I am getting a message that voice service are not available in my country... Could anyone help? Thank you in advance!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi I.P., Amazon Alexa isn't available on Sonos in all countries in the world just yet. The countries it's available are listed here. Amazon Alexa is currently available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, and the United Kingdom. You can find the countries where Amazon Music is available on Sonos as a built-in music service on the page here.

Prime Music
US, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT

Amazon Music Unlimited:
US, UK, DE, ES, FR, IT

We're hard at work with the Amazon team to bring Alexa to Sonos to new countries all the time, but I don't have any specifics to share on the timeline for Belgium. The main thread for the discussion of Alexa on Sonos in Belgium is here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi everyone, starting today Amazon Music is available on Sonos systems as a built in service. You can find out more here