Service News

Amazon Music Available on Sonos in new countries

• 18 December 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
  • Community Manager
  • 12272 replies

Starting today, Amazon Music is expanding availability on Sonos systems to include Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, and Mexico. If you’re in one of those countries, you can now add Amazon Music Prime and Unlimited accounts to your Sonos system now and stream your tracks to Sonos speakers around your home. 

Amazon Music Unlimited customers can stream tens of millions of songs and listen to curated playlists, stations, and weekly new releases, available to Prime Members for only $7.99/month (non-Prime price: $9.99/month). To access Amazon Music Unlimited, sign up for the service at www.amazon.com/unlimited. 

Find out more about Amazon Music subscriptions here on Amazon.

To add Amazon Music, go to Settings > Services > Add a Service. If you don’t see Amazon Music listed yet, go to System in Settings and check for updates. One might not be available, but it should find Amazon Music as an available service if it’s supported in your country. 

You can also find more information on our article for Amazon Music on Sonos here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I don’t know if this availability - I was able to quickly add this in India just now - is a pre-requisite for getting the Alexa Sonos integration, but if it is, will this follow on the heels of this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

The two aren’t directly related. Canada has had Alexa support for Sonos for a while now and is only just now getting Amazon Music on Sonos. We’ll let everyone know as soon as there’s news on Alexa support for more countries. 

Initial use shows that 500+ track playlists that go in the Amazon music app queue as such are restricted to 500 songs when played via the Sonos app. Any insight into this?

I was able to add Amazon Prime Music to my Sonos but whenever I try to play music, it tells me I can get Amazon Music Unlimited and then the music does not play.  I’m in Canada.

Badge

I just keep getting "Requested Operation Failed. Please try again."with almost every selection for Amazon Prime music (I'm in Canada).nothing seems to work. 

Have you tried a reboot of your router?

Badge

Have you tried a reboot of your router?

Yes.. Rebooted my router. Same issue.