Answered

Microphone Stopped Working Sonos One

• 15 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Sonos One microphone stopped working.

Alexa still announces reminders, yet it does not respond to voice commands. The microphone has been turned off and on; the device has been unplugged and restarted; I even went as far as restoring the device to factory settings (which I have learned may not have been the best idea). I also deleted the Alexa service and then added the service back with the speaker announcing that the service has been “successfully added and the device is ready to use.” Microphone is still dead. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 March 2024, 17:53

View original

5 replies

I have exactly the same issue as you, and have also tried the same steps with no solution.

Only stopped working this morning which is weird, as it seems to have stopped working with you today too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tommy Bone 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

We are aware of an issue affecting functionality of Alexa on S1 Sonos systems. We are investigating, but do not have an ETA for a resolution.

You can, however, cease troubleshooting - nothing you can do will help.

We will post here when there is an update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Tommy Bone 

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test. If you continue to see this issue after updating, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

same problem: overnight impossible to activate the microphone. my sonos one version 16.1 . Il have reset several times but same behavior. Is there a method to check the status of the microphone (different from Alexa or Spotify or Sonos S2 which do not decode anything because they “can’t hear anything”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JJMRT 

The issue we were aware of only affected S1 systems, which would therefore not have been affecting you on 16.1. I recommend that you do not attempt further resets - if it did not help the first time, it won’t help on any subsequent attempts either.

Instead, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.