Answered

Drop in on Alexa

• 19 December 2018
  • 56 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

56 replies

Userlevel 1
I bought Sonos Sound Beam 2 weeks ago and my the biggest disappointment of my purchase is the drop in feature not being available on your product. I did a lot of research on what product I wanted to buy and I picked your product. The quality of the product was my 1st reason why, but Alexa certified was the 2nd. How can a product be certified if all features are not available? Please consider adding this feature on your next update.
Userlevel 2
agreed - this is a BIG miss and should be represented more clearly by Sonos. Partial Alexa integration would be a better description. Now I think I will need to disable the Alexa feature and keep my old echo around for this purpose. I could have saved $100 and just went with the base Sonos model without Alexa.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Please add me to the list requesting the "Drop In" skill be added. Calls might be asking a lot, I know but drop in seems to stay inside the Alexa infrastructure. I have LOTS of Sonos gear and don't want or plan to purchase distinct Alexa devices, so I depend on you, Sonos to cover those bases. Please...
Userlevel 2
I am also very interested in this feature. Please consider allowing the drop in and calling feature for Sonos devices.

Regards,
Samuel
Userlevel 2
Pretty please! I have sonos one with Alexis and can’t buy more Alexis devices to have this feature. Should be an added skill with “Alexis”
Hello, Hgvfhedg. Echo features such as: calling, messaging and drop in, are not currently supported on Sonos. If this changes, we will be sure to post an announcement here on the Community. In the meantime, I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for visibility. Thanks!