Answered

Amazon Echo Dot Coupon? Did you get one?

• 18 October 2017
  • 67 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

67 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I was told on Sonos FB that they ran out of codes, if they never wanted to give it to their costumers then never should have said they will. Sonos is scam, would never recommend it to my friends. :@:@:@

Sonos is a scam? What does not being able to get a promo code that wasn't intended to be sent to you (on a non-sonos product) somehow bring the conclusion that Sonos is a scam? Really??
I was told by two different people at Sonos that this promotion was through Amazon and that Sonos could not give out a code as they were not the ones to send the codes initially. Appearantly some people were able to but, I assume they were part of the Alexa/ Sonos beta testing? There is plenty of miscommunication around this promotion, but I think it'll largely pass over quickly an be a non story. I'm disappointed to have read that all Sonos customers would get the promo (via The Verge) and that be flat out wrong. I've spent more than $25 worth of my time and energy trying to track down this promo code; oh well. Back to deciding if the Echo Dot or Google Home mini is the way to go...
1) Sonos can't control what the media publishes. It's not their fault that incorrect info was put out there, stating everyone would get the coupon.
2) If you're a loyal Sonos customer, missing out on a $25 coupon, which you in no way earned, shouldn't be a big deal. You're really going to boycott an entire company because you didn't get a free coupon that you weren't even entitled to get?
3) Sonos isn't going to check this thread, see everyone crying, then decide to issue more coupons.

Just to recap: QUIT YOUR CRYING!
called up to get the discount code as I haven't received one and only bought sonas 1 in the summer. Was told there was no codes left and because I hadn't ticked the box for promotional emails I didn't get one. Was just about to but a second speaker for living room and use echo dot but think I'll just wait for Apple homepod instead. shame really.
You'd think with Halloween coming up, costumers would be first on the list! 🆒
I was told on Sonos FB that they ran out of codes, if they never wanted to give it to their costumers then never should have said they will. Sonos is scam, would never recommend it to my friends. :@:@:@

I emailed, waited for 24 hrs, called sales line (they were apparently all out golfing), called support line, talked to an amazingly good tech who wasn’t aware of the offer, but made sure I got a code from sales. Then I got another code from my email, lol.
Jeez, more "or the bunny gets it" posts. Except the bunny never gets it, much to the disappointment of my bloodlust and hatred of toothy rodents.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
This is disappointing - clearly waiting patiently for my voucher wasn’t the way to go.

Anyhow now the echo temptation has gone I’ll go back to waiting to see how google home/airplay 2 support plays out.
I just spoke to a sales rep at Sonos and explained I haven’t received a code via e-mail. She apologized and said there’s nothing they can do because the code comes from Amazon. Lame, especially when I give time to Beta test. Maybe time to move on from Sonos. -Chris
Another user with a significant amount of investment in Sonos Gear.

Was told the same - I never received a code via email, and when I called they say they aren't issuing any more, even though I first contacted them on the 22nd via twitter, and the 23rd via phone (and the promotion goes until the 29th). if they have a promotion like this they should stick to their word. Very unhappy.

I wanted to try out the DOT as a possible pre-purchase to the Sonos One - but this lack of Sonos sticking by their promotion is giving me pause about purchasing the Sonos One.

It's not about the $25 savings, its about the company standing by their own deals.
If anyone IS NOT USING their code, please can you message me? SONOS haven’t given me one and have said they aren’t issuing anymore.
I would really appreciate it guys...plus it’s my birthday!!
Thanks
Me neither, I have 4 devices and have recommended Sonos to loads of people, all who have had code but not me :(:(:(
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Yup, same here. 15 separate Sonos devices but somehow I don't qualify for a discount voucher and it's too late for them to issue me with one. I'm normally a huge advocate for Sonos tech and customer service but this "promotion" really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I too have just heard back from Sonos today regarding this promo and have been told the same thing. No more vouchers being issued but existing codes can be used until 29th. Pretty useless advice for someone who has never been sent a code!! Very disappointed!!
Hi I had to call to get my voucher code.
Tried using it this morning to place order but it says that the code is INVALID !!
Not a happy sonos customer !!
Please help
I DM'd Sonos yesterday - they are no longer issuing codes. All existing codes can be used by 11:59pm (PT) October 29th or while promotional stocks last.

I did the same and got the same response. Shame Sonos allowed the media to print that all existing owners would get a code when that was not true. I never got a promo code sent to me so not much use them telling me all existing codes could be used until 29 October!
I DM'd Sonos yesterday - they are no longer issuing codes. All existing codes can be used by 11:59pm (PT) October 29th or while promotional stocks last.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Got mine at 09.11 (UK) on weds! Ordered straight away and got delivered yesterday. Looking forward to fun filled weekend setting it up. One question - How do you get it to select music from your Music Library?
No, I didn't get mine yet. Checked junk and everything too.
Anyone got spare code please?
Badge
Facebook messaged Sonos yesterday - they checked my email and sent me a code. Getting it ordered!
Badge
If anyone has a spare code they are not using would be gratefully received (message me), thanks in advance Adrian
Thanks @Ryan. I just called and, after my eligibility was confirmed, had code emailed directly to me by sales rep. Order placed on Amazon. Looking forward to setting up this weekend. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, if you think you're eligible for the Echo Dot promotion it'd be best to give us a call on our sales line. The team can help check your eligibility and see about getting you a code if you are.

The general terms of the promotion are here, if you're looking for them.