Answered

Alexa volume issue since 12.1

Show first post

127 replies

I am yet another person experiencing the low volume problem with Alexis in our living room where we have a Playbar, Sub, One, and One SL.  Originally Alexa was fine, but after an update became inaudible.  I was amazed that there was no option to adjust Alexa’s volume (Other than telling her to speak louder, which only seems to be a temporary adjustment).

We have a Beam in our bedroom and in there Alexa seems to be ok.

This is incredibly annoying— please fix!!!

Inaudible Alexa is not fixed for me by most recent firmware update.

Alexa, play “Dream On”. 

Well I have an interesting update. I am not sure but the I may have accidentally fixed my Sonos Beam Alexa volume issue. 

I am not sure what exactly fixed the issue but I had made quite a few changes. I started with enabling Trueplay in the Sonos app. Then set the treble/base/midrange volume to maximum values in the Alexa App → devices → [sonos speaker], then changed it back. I also enabled the loudness radio button in the EQ setting in Sonos App. Then I had also changed the speaker in the Alexa App for the Sonos speaker from Built-in to itself, basically the name that Alexa thinks it has. And then changed it back. 

I don’t know how to validate my changes as I think my Sonos Beam is working fine currently. Both my TV volume and Alexa volume seem to be in the same range. 

also, forgot to mention that my TV is really old so I have used the included Fiber Optic output sound to HDMI adapter. 

Hoping this will help someone else or invalidated. 

So it’s still completely locked to the volume of the audio output - for Apple Music it’s really jarring as the audio tends to be louder so I use a lower volume by default

Maybe use an echo dot by your seated position instead - that’s what I’ve seen others here choose to do … then you can set its volume independently.

Same problem here in a pair of Sonos Moves. 

Volume of Alexa voice is so low that you cannot use it. 

The original Echo speaker that was replaced by the Sonos Move used to handle this issue perfectly. My upgrade to a Move is really a downgrade in functionality. 

This should be so simple to fix. 

(i own lots of Sonos equipment [21 items] and I own the stock. So I say as a big customer and owner of the company - fix it!!!) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please please every time you find a problem please contact sonos and inundate them with problems

536032830 diagnostic report

Userlevel 1

Just another voice chiming in to say this is a big issue. Alexa is unusable in the current form, and Alexa is a large part of why I bought a Sonos Beam. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have just borrowed an iPhone set it up ran trueplay  no better didn't work

Please all contact sonos support regarding this as I've spoke to them they said they didn't know about it 

Same issue here! Was very excited when I bought the Sonos, but after using it for a few days this is a really huge disadvantage!

please fix it asap!

LOL! Just installed a new Sonos Beam after Santa got it for me. 

Alexa volume is ridiculously low! I don’t even want them to allow separate volume controls. Just set the default volume to match the TV input volume!!!! Just hardcode it to be the same value!!!!!

Me too. Volume far too low and changes the sound bar level too high if you ask to turn it up. 

For what it's worth I fixed this by lowering my surround audio offset from +15 to -15 on both tv and music. 

Settings>System>Product Name>Surround Audio

I also set the volume limit to something that made sense for me. This fixed the issue realted to volume being set by Alexa. 

I hope this helps someone!

Walt

This is a community website, not a direct way to communicate with Sonos. If you want to speak with a Sonos employee, your best bet is to call Sonos Support directly.

Am having the exact same issue. Thought it was me or I was going crazy. 

How is this that hard to fix. Put in a min volume…. (again)

Just bought beam sub and 2 one's....I too am disappointed with Alexa volume.

Will it be fixed?

Reran Trueplay per suggestion and Alexa is still inaudible at a low mutter. Alexa reports that devices are set to volume 2, Playbase + 2 Ones (L+R)   

I got my sonos one today and finding that the Alexa voice volume is very high, in comparison to the sonos volume. It is an inconvenience to hear alexa sound at night.

Checking in 7 months later and I see there is still no fix for this.  Very frustrating to say the least.

Userlevel 2

Checking in 7 months later and I see there is still no fix for this.  Very frustrating to say the least.

It’s absolutely disgraceful. It’s probably a relatively easy fix and just silence from Sonis support.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This is definitely a sonos problem as I've just changed my assistant to google and it was exactly the same 

This makes it unusable 

Badge

Two years on and this is still an issue with a new Arc ?!  Are sonos listening to customers ?

Userlevel 1

Yeah the same for me have the same problems in 2 rooms but my sonos move works perfect. So obviously has something to do with been linked to the tv. 

I agree. Both using the same volume is ridiculous

Please get this fixed

Userlevel 2

Same issue here. Just purchased a Beam and part if the reason is that it had the Alexa built in. I cannkt hear the Alexa when listening to the TV at an acceptable sound level. In order to here Alexa, I’d have to have the volume EXTRMELY high which basically makes the ALEXA useless. Its insane that there is no way to have different levels of volume for Alexa AND TV. Im furious and feel like ive been taken advantage of. Get your software developers to fix this problem SONOS.

Userlevel 1

I've the same issue going on 6 months. I have this issue on 4 speakers very frustrating with the lack of help from sonos.