Answered

Alexa volume issue since 12.1

Show first post

127 replies

Beam and surround play one speakers. 
Alexa worked perfectly when first got them. 
now Alexa is unusable if I have a TV on or listening to music. 
Have waited patiently for Sonia to fix this issue. As it is a Sonos issue and not and Alexa problem. The fact they generally won’t even acknowledge it is enough to make me look at alternative options for when I move to a new place. 
Alexa is fine when everything else is off and volume can be adjusted so it operates at a suitable noise level. 
Trueplay does not fix the issue. All other suggestions- disabling and reenabling etc make no difference. 
Certainly prevented me purchasing an ARC !! 

Sort it out Sonos!! 

Badge

Just to add a plus one here - exactly the same issue, used to be fine, very frustrating.

I am using two Ones and Move. I prefer listening on low volumes and this issue is very annoying. Please add separate Alexa volume slider in the Sonos app.

Come on Sonos this clearly isn't an isolated problem. I have a Beam & 2 SL's...the sound is amazing actually but whilst this Alexa issue continues it does sour the experience of the system as a whole. This must be an easy fix......

Just bought the new Sonos arc and everything works great except I can’t hear Alexa save my life when the TVs at a normal volume.

As a coder, I would be happy to lend my engineering services to do it for free.

It’s just insane how they can’t separate a menu item to set the Alexa volume separate from the TV. Granted, the eARC return channel can cause some issues as it’s relying on TV remote, but they can still extrapolate a separate volume button in the Alexa section. Come on guys it’s not that hard!

I’m seeing so many comments I can’t even imagine how many people are returning what is otherwise a great sounding sound bar all because of a software glitch. Let’s get it done guys! You don’t wanna lose any more sales I’m sure.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about what’s happening.

It would be best to reach out to Sonos Support, as we can take a closer look and discuss it with all of you individually in           

real-time. I suggest our phone team, for they have more resources and tools available for advanced troubleshooting.

Please let et us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know about what’s happening.

It would be best to reach out to Sonos Support, as we can take a closer look and discuss it with all of you individually in           

real-time. I suggest our phone team, for they have more resources and tools available for advanced troubleshooting.

Please let et us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Please fix the issue

One more, Alexa volume is too low in relation to the TV volume

I’ve been having the same problem. Another thing is that the beam has incredible hearing. It can hear me when I’m in the kitchen. This while  I’m standing right next to the Alexa dot in the kitchen. The inability of Sonos to correct this problem seems intentional. Why else would we all be having this problem after an update. I had a similar problem with a Apple product after an update. The update made the iPad defective. Apple replaced the iPad after checking it out and found they couldn’t fix the problem. 

I’ll also report that Alexa’s audio is way too low when using my Sonos Beam. The Beam is connected via HDMI to my television and if I raise the volume to hear Alexa’s replies, the TV volume becomes unbearably loud.

Same problem here.  Beam is going back to the store.

Adding myself to the list. Same issues with a Sonos One.  It is VERY frustrating as our entire house runs on Alexa routines and integrated apps with about 75 devices  and it functions smoothly without any issues, EXCEPT for the soft volume problem discussed.  So needless to say it sticks out like a sore thumb, and is a thorn in my side.  It is also VERY disappointing to read through all these members similar issues and to not have a quick direct action response from customer service.  Other services integrated with Amazon’s Alexa in the past had worked quickly to resolve problems or issues, and I’m not sure why Sonos appears to be dragging their feet. I don’t suspect this is a small issue effecting a limited number of users posting on this string, but indeed is most likely just the tip of the iceberg.  One of the members earlier said it best, Sonos has been the premier in wireless home speaker systems, but multiple other companies are making for serious competition. If Sonos wants to be on top, they have to stay on top off members issues and problems. 

I have version 13.1 and it's certainly NOT fixed. Is there another version since then? Also, when you say fixed, how? Is there a separate volume slider now, or a minimum volume like before? Because I see none of that

Hi @dynAdZ.

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this up to us.

We appreciate all your feedback here in the community, and changing the voice assistant volume separately can be a very useful feature for sure, but this is not yet available at this time. We don't have any specific details that I can share around if this can come to Sonos, or when it might, but I'll make sure to log this as request and pass it along with the team. We work closely with the Amazon team too, but it's always best to let both sides know if there's a feature you're looking for.

Please let us know if you have additional concerns we’d be happy to send them up for you.

Hi, any news about this issue? 

Thanks

Ended up here after trying to figure out why the alarm I set on my sonos arc via alexa didn’t wake me up (the volume was whisper quiet when I tried to recreate the alarm).. It blows my damn mind that sonos refuses to fix this in software by separating the volume level of the digital assistant from the system volume.. Shame on you, sonos.. You need to remove your digital assistant feature listing from the specs of your devices if you refuse to make it functional for your customers that drop thousands upon thousands of dollars on your product.

The same problem here. I spend a lot of money to deal with this simple software issue that can be solve and Sonos do nothing about it. Waiting for this to get fix.

Same here .. surprised Sonos has not addressed issue. Alexa is basically useless, debating now on returning for a Bose or Samsung instead. Disappointing.

Userlevel 2

Issue is still present after Update 12.2 :pensive:

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It’s such a shame that a frequently requested and long awaited feature like this is constantly being overlooked :(

I have the same issue, I tend to listen to music very low around my apartment so it doesn’t bother my neighbors and now I can no longer reasonably hear Alexa’s responses. Makes the use of my 8 Sonos speakers not worth it! The volume issue needs to be fixed and better yet an independent control for Alexa volume vs. music volume is critical. I want music to be low so people can talk comfortably, but Alexa to be loud enough to hear from 5-10 feet away. This is not currently possible and makes my huge investment into Sonos pretty worthless. Not to mention that amount of Spotify syncing issues they’ve had for years and never been resolved. If this isn’t fixed before HomePods play Spotify through voice commands, I’m going to sell my Sonos and move over to Apple’s speaker ecosystem. I already have one HomePod mini to get a feel for using it and the microphones on it are much better than the Sonos One for across the room requests, and the voice vs. music volume isn’t an issue. 

Userlevel 1

Adding one more to the “please fix it calls”. Had Beam since Christmas and find inaudible Alexa responses really irritating, having to resort to going into Kitchen to get a proper response from the Kitchen Echo.

Time that Alexa drops the TV sound for also too long before restoring volume. So you can’t hear a response and you get frustrated awaiting dialogue to return.

An update should be done, this is unacceptable. We should be able to set alexa volume independently. Also verry disappointed with the volume...

This is still happening to me on this end. with a sonos beam on 2 different set ups so the issue is not “a few users” if anyone has a fix to this please let me know! very annoying. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Keep complaining  and sending in diagnostic reports

Hi any update on this? I'm having the same problem volume to too low to hear alexa unless I turn tv volume way up but then when it goes back to tv the volume rocks the house. I've not issue with alexa on my sonos move. 

here the same issue on SONOS Beam!

Really disappointing..

Its not so great having alexa yelling at you when you leave the sound too high.

Alexa volume must be separated from the system, if that not do able from some reason please offer a work around, like auto set the volume to X% after 1 hour the system is idle.