Alexa voice volume linked to Sonos volume? Need independent control

• 24 October 2017
  • 61 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Annoying me too as she is very loud... when playing music i would prefer it to be fully muted when she is speaking so you can hear her better at a lower volume.
Oops
Hope this is being worked on, it makes the Alexa in a Play One useless unless you constantly adjust the volume.
Userlevel 1
This is one of my 2 annoyances with the Sonos One right now. Hopefully it will get fixed quickly. I guess this is what I get for being an early adopter.
Yes, please update to allow independent Alexa and sonos volumes!
Userlevel 2
Glad to find that this bugs other users, I'm surprised separate voice (and annoying bong) volume control wasn't part of the original setup. The last thing you want is a shouty Alexa...
Userlevel 1
It would be very helpful. Can you also turn have a quick setting to turn her voice answers off as I have my sonos ones set up with a 5.1 system and while I am watching tv would like to give commands but not hear her. Also can you have an easy way to turn her on and off if necessary .
Userlevel 1
This is a very important feature. I have a couple Sonos Ones paired with my Playbar. For whatever reason, the volume they are set at so the TV is loud enough makes Alexa REALLY loud. Not ideal.
Userlevel 2
I vote for this feature as well. It would be very nice to have the Alexa volume set separately so it is always the same volume no matter how loud or quiet my music is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll pass it up to the team for you.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes, please allow voice volume settings separate from music volume settings!