Alexa in Portuguese-br

• 18 October 2019
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Same! Just ordered another sonos hoping it to have Portuguese support for Alexa

Any update for this thread? I can’t use Alexa in Brazil, even if I decide to talk in English with her.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any update for this thread? I can’t use Alexa in Brazil, even if I decide to talk in English with her.

Hi vnovas,

You can do that however you have to trick Sonos+Alexa to think you are living outside of Brazil, that way you can do the configuration and be able to talk in English. I don’t remember exactly how to do this as I have done it long time ago, but you can, just search on the internet and you you find how. I suggest you configure everything including your Amazon Alexa account as you were living abroad, that way you will be able to configure it for English.

The biggest issue still is that Portuguese is not available even though Amazon released Portuguese as an official language.

I think that has to deal with a contract maybe as other languages are available like italian, spanish, etc.

Regards,

Cesar

Userlevel 2
Badge

Adding to that I think until we have Sonos officially in Brazil we won’t have Alexa in Portuguese.

Check the following link for the languages available.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3505?language=en_US

This is very frustrating. Over a year of requests and not even an update. Must not be difficult to develop. If this is never going to happen, at least put out an official statement so we can get rid of our Sonos equipment. I might as well do it sooner or later.

Uow, how sad I am to find out I am just not able to use these new 2 Alexa echos with my Sonos Speakers/Home Theater integration. I have two play1, one play5 and a Sonos Port so there is a quite good amount of money invested in these speakers. Please give us some atention, guys. C’mon.

Badge

Hello,

When do we have this!! Please don’t forget… you have Brazil but ALEXA and GOOGLE are already for a long time availble in PORTUGAL!!!

So for when :) plssss

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I am also interested in having Portuguese functionality. I have Sonos systems working with Alexa in Canada and Brasil. I’d like to switch to Portuguese in Brasil so the rest of the family doesn’t have to bother with English. I’m the only native English speaker, so we would definitely benefit from Portuguese capability. 

The same here: one of the reasons I chase Sonos was because it is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa. When I tried to configure the whole system to work: “not working in your country”…..

Very disappointed.

Mate, I actually made it work by changing my amazon account to the US, installing Sonos skill and then changing back to Brazil again. Not hard to do, on youtube you can find how to do it.

by doing that you were able to use Alexa in Portuguese? How? Portuguese BR is not at the available language at the skill description as you can see below

Supported Languages

English (AU), English (CA), English (GB), English (US), French (CA), French (FR), German (DE), Italian (IT), Japanese (JP), Spanish (ES), Spanish (MX), Spanish (US)

It’s one year anniversary of Alexa in Portuguese and no news from Sonos. I am slowly replacing my speakers to native Alexa ones. Not as good sound like Sonos but at least they respect us.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Adam,

Any news on this matter? I don't yet see Portuguese as a Language option for Alexa, Alexa already have that on Echo devices but missing on my Beam. I don’t understand why even though the language is available to be used (by Amazon) it doesn’t show up in the Sonos app.

Regards,

Cesar

Hi @cgammaro.

News regarding Portuguese support on Alexa will be updated here. At this time, we do not have any updates regarding added language support for Alexa.