5.1 but want Alexa drop in

• 2 November 2020
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

@Gregbyne . Why was it inappropriate for Danny to point out that the standard of response from Sonos staff on here now is far better than what was provided here?

Your slightly incoherent rage is hard to understand.  I look forward to being your next target.

Oh and “Registering an account?”  What are you talking about?

Why the hold up? Surely everyone wants this? It’s very frustrating not having it

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Surely everyone wants this?

No: I don’t want it, so not everyone. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Barryol, thank you for your response and for clarifying your concern. My apologies for the inconvenience.

You were right, the drop-in feature is not available with Sonos. What I can do is send in a feature request to make this available in the Sonos app. We don't have the timeline and the information yet to share with you about this but you can check our announcements when this feature becomes available. 

Yes, you can use Alexa Echo dot as your primary Alexa enabled device. They should be in the same network to be able to communicate. You can set up Alexa Group and select your preferred speaker. With Alexa's preferred speaker feature, you can put multiple Sonos products together in one Alexa Group, like “downstairs” or “outside,” then play music to all of them with a single voice command.

If you experience any issues, please contact Amazon for further assistance.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.