My Roam that died about 1 ½ weeks ago and I immediately tried to reset/reboot by using troubleshooting steps on the Sonos website with no luck. Then I tried the Sonos chat and, after asking me to try everything I had done before, they told me I had to call Sonos support . After talking to S support at least 7 times over 5 days and having them require me to send a video of the reboot/reset steps I had taken multiple times, they finally sent me a RMA to replace the Roam. To get S to send the replacement before they received the dead Roam, they required me to pay full retail (I got a discount by having an S Connect) which they promised to refund after they received the defective Roam. After having not having the use of the R for so long, the option of waiting for a replacement until they received the dead R was a non starter for me. I received the replacement today and it seems to be performing well. We’ll see how long it takes them to get the refund to me as they received the dead R yesterday. Just wanted to let others know about the ridiculous steps I had to go through to get a defective S product replaced and to try to get S to correct a flawed support procedure.
In case this post is deleted, I’ll be posting on the Sonos Reddit page.