Roam Dead Customer Support

• 5 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

My Roam that died about 1 ½ weeks ago and I immediately tried to reset/reboot by using troubleshooting steps on the Sonos website with no luck.  Then I tried the Sonos chat and, after asking me to try everything I had done before, they told me I had to call Sonos support .  After talking to S support at least 7 times over 5 days and having them require me to send a video of the reboot/reset steps I had taken multiple times, they finally sent me a RMA to replace the Roam.  To get S to send the replacement before they received the dead Roam, they required me to pay full retail (I got a discount by having an S Connect) which they promised to refund after they received the defective Roam.  After having not having the use of the R for so long, the option of waiting for a replacement until they received the dead R was a non starter for me. I received the replacement today and it seems to be performing well.  We’ll see how long it takes them to get the refund to me as they received the dead R yesterday.  Just wanted to let others know about the ridiculous steps I had to go through to get a defective S product replaced and to try to get S to correct a flawed support procedure.

In case this post is deleted, I’ll be posting on the Sonos Reddit page.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

In my experience Sonos are a little touchy, there’s a fighting chance they’ll remove it. 
hi boys!!

DFTT

Userlevel 1
Badge

I guess we’ll find out - just posted on Reddit anyway.  Thanks.

Unless you break the Community Code of Conduct, Sonos doesn’t delete posts, to my knowledge.