Ordered Arc at mid of January still waiting for it to charge/ship, Arc Shipping Delay

Badge

It is 2022 right now, anyone else order a arc around the second week of January and have had their order shipped? I got a estimated ship date of 1/21 back when I ordered it, but all it says is order is placed and it’s backordered. Today is 2/3 already. It shows Backorder — Estimated to ship March 25,2022 on website for black color arc!  Will I get my order soon tho? Thanks!

I also ordered the white color sub and the estimated ship date is 2/4. I don’t think they will ship it on that day.

101 replies

I ordered my ARC on Jan 4 and knew at that time it was back ordered with shipping Jan 21. I wasn’t happy about it but the reviews have been fantastic and I have bought into the Sonos architecture so it made sense. While I was waiting I ordered the ARC tv bracket from Sonos and installed it. it’s now Feb 10 with no valuable updates on when I should receive the ARC.  I’m disappointed with Sonos not being up front with details on expected shipping. Just tell us the truth so we can stop checking our bank to see if there is a Sonos charge pending. People need to know the real story. I’m discouraged by reading these ARC delays that people dealt with last year on this site so it appears that this has been an ongoing problem. Sonos should be very concerned about their ability to deliver and their reputation. Hoping for good news soon. 

In a worldwide pandemic, a worldwide chip shortage, with container ships packed in offshore for 60 miles in every west coast port, and the current and possible future trucking protests, what makes you think Sonos has any control over their supply chain?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I ordered a black Arc on 1/7. It shipped on 3/2.  Hope to have it by Monday.

I ordered my black Arc on 2/5 (US), with an estimated ship date of 3/25.  If you go to the website today, it still says estimated ship date of 3/25 if you place an order today.  These estimated ship dates have to be very inaccurate, as an order placed a month ago should not have the same estimated ship date as an order placed today.  Judging by Jim’s post a few above, it looks like a 2 month turnaround from order to ship, so I am guessing mine goes out first week of April, but I don’t see how they can still quote 3/25 if an order is placed today.

The devices are not made to order, so there isn’t a set time between order and delivery to your door.  It might feel that way, and there may be a typical length of wait, but that is just coincidence.

What’s really happening is that Sonos had a scheduled shipment coming (via boat or freight)  in of a set number of units for a product.  If there are 1000 Arcs in the shipment, and 800 on order for example, then every outstanding order plus 200 new/future orders can be theoretically shipped to customers 3/25.  They don’t know if the boat to restock there warehouse will be delayed or some other of many issues could happen, hence the reason it’s an estimate.

Badge +1

They are biasing Canadian customers compared counter part 🇺🇸. 

I think we should use twitter to project the issue 

Ordered Black ARC 1/22/22. Just now rec’d an email from Sonos that they are preparing to ship.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

BEWARE   jefferylovett

This is a Bot account and is posting rubbish and dubious links.  Please do not click on any links they post.

I don’t think anyone here has any special insight on Sonos inventory.  Even the Sonos employees who monitor these boards don’t have access to that data.  All anyone can do is give their own opinions and experiences.

However, Sonos has marked down refurbished products recently, which seems odd.  My WAG would be that a big shipment is coming in to the warehouse and they want to make space.

I took a look at the refurbished Ones (both standard, and SLs) and they were out of stock on both colors for both devices. 

My guess is the international chip shortage is hitting all companies, including Sonos, pretty hard, and there’s a lot of challenge in getting product on the shelves. Must be hurting their profitability quite a bit, to have demand that they can’t satisfy. None of my local Best Buys seem to have much either. 

Badge +1

I ordered my Arc on 12/3 with an estimated ship date of 1/21/22.  The only thing I’ve received is an e-mail on 2/1 saying my order wouldn’t be completed by the original estimated ship date.  Oh really?  Thanks for the update.

Very frustrating.

Badge

I have received varied responses from shipments getting lost at the Canadian border to them requesting their management to allocate some Canadian orders from their Santa Barbara warehouse but nothing conclusive on when I should expect to receive my order. Its been 8 weeks today since I ordered. 

Badge +1

Today after frustrating conversation customer support informed that for USA any pending ordered dated to be shipped by 3/25 are already shipped since they received a new inventory couple of days back ,however for canada support kind of said they don’t have date yet and can’t repurpose the inventory of USA to canada due to Serial number to sonos app mapping issue( S2Canada app with USA serial number device) 

Not sure how much is true , for canada 🇨🇦🇨🇦 It’s a waiting game continues 

Sonos could certainly forewarn the consumer that historically (over the last 18 months +) orders have been delayed significantly. And that it would not be out of the question for the order to be delayed for several months. If Sonos stated that then customer expectations would be acknowledged if they decided to actually follow through on the order. There is no excuse for the lack of transparency. Stating back order with shipping beginning on Jan 21 sets an expectation. Be real! No excuse 

A few points here.  First off, I’m not sure Sonos can give  very accurate information on shipping dates for existing orders.  I mean, your Arc is likely sitting on a ship off the coast.  How does Sonos know when that ship will make it to a Port, then get transferred to a truck to their warehouse?  Under normal conditions, they would have a good idea, sure, but I don’t think that’s the case now.  

Secondly, you’re assuming their systems have a way of updating the shipping date on each individual order that is currently backordered based on currently expectations of product brought into their warehouse.  I highly doubt there systems can do that.  That would be a rather complex process to implement, and something that Sonos surely hopes would be completely useless once things settle down.  Really, I would want them to be more focused on getting older orders out first...again, something they likely never had to be concerned about under normal conditions.  I bet they have a FIFO system for inventory, but making sure the first orders get completed first is different, and not something Sonos really had to deal with much before COVID.

Thirdly, would it really make customers who’s shipments are delayed feel any better?  Sure, if you don’t like the updated shipping date, you could cancel your order, but Sonos probably isn’t a fan of that. Especially since it would be a very unreliable number, and the order could end up being shipped sooner than that.  Or it could be later and customer would just be frustrated.   I don’t have anything on order right now, but if/when I do, I’ll just put in the order and settle for a happy surprise when it comes in.

As I mentioned previously! They could be proactive for (new) anyone ordering NOW! That could say that they should be prepared to expect to wait for an extended period before item is available due to supply chain etc.  Transparency will set customer expectations. Simple concept. Obviously won’t help previous orders. 

So, let me get this straight.  You are asking them to be proactive “NOW!” based on your order from Jan. 4?  If you are basing this on your ship date being wrong on Jan. 4, how do you know Sonos hasn’t adjusted their ship dates “NOW!” to reflect the past problems?  Also, how are they to predict any future problems beyond their control, given the highly volatile, highly unpredictable supply chain which you have seemingly gone out of your way to not acknowledge?

Badge

My status just changed from backordered to preparing to ship. Thinking this is a good sign. No charge on credit card yet though

Back when I was dealing with hard product, and not software sales, GAAP said that it wasn’t considered a sale until such time as the product was shipped to the customer. So any number of pre-orders could be reported as such, but they wouldn’t drop to the bottom line until such time as they were shipped. 

Makes sense.  I’m more familiar with GAAP on the expense side of things.  That being that you are supposed to record the cost when the product or service is received, not when you get around to paying the bill.

Badge

I don’t have screen shots either and maybe in my January 4th enthusiasm I missed the finer details although it clearly stated “back ordered shipping beginning on Feb 21st”. Of course i wouldn’t have been privy to how large a backlog might have been. I’m sure it will be worth the wait. 

Bro, i feel your pain. The estimate ship date is bs. I cancelled the Arc and Sub and bought it from best buy. I think they should put the longer estimate time on website tho. They have date base they can calculate the most backorder ship date. Why people who got the arc a month after the estimate ship date? why not just put 2 month estimate ship date? just put longer estimate date tho. if I got the email says the order ship early I will be more happier instead of knowing nothing and waiting forever.

I switched to preparing to ship today. Original

ship date was March 4. 

Just some info and take it for what it’s worth. Was in a retail shop called Soundtronics and they do home audio/theater and my builder uses them. I was in yesterday and asked some general questions about getting inventory in regards to the Arc. He said he just got a memo that the black Arc was back ordered until August but could get 20 white arcs. August seemed crazy! 

Badge

I ordered my Arc on 12/3 with an estimated ship date of 1/21/22.  The only thing I’ve received is an e-mail on 2/1 saying my order wouldn’t be completed by the original estimated ship date.  Oh really?  Thanks for the update.

Very frustrating.

That’s crazy! For the sonos one, i just bought it from BestBuy and it shows deliver to me next Tuesday. When I check Sonos homepage, for the white sonos one the estimate ship out date is 2/25. 

At least I will get some thing next week tho. I bought ARC, Sub and 2xone.

wish us luck! I hope we can get what we want soon...

Badge +1

Any one called support for update ? 

I ordered my ARC on Jan 4 and knew at that time it was back ordered with shipping Jan 21. I wasn’t happy about it but the reviews have been fantastic and I have bought into the Sonos architecture so it made sense. While I was waiting I ordered the ARC tv bracket from Sonos and installed it. it’s now Feb 10 with no valuable updates on when I should receive the ARC.  I’m disappointed with Sonos not being up front with details on expected shipping. Just tell us the truth so we can stop checking our bank to see if there is a Sonos charge pending. People need to know the real story. I’m discouraged by reading these ARC delays that people dealt with last year on this site so it appears that this has been an ongoing problem. Sonos should be very concerned about their ability to deliver and their reputation. Hoping for good news soon. 

Canned response only, they have committed to emailing me every week and telling me the order status, they have done that - but have really provided no helpful information that isn’t already available in the order status through My Account.

Sonos could certainly forewarn the consumer that historically (over the last 18 months +) orders have been delayed significantly. And that it would not be out of the question for the order to be delayed for several months. If Sonos stated that then customer expectations would be acknowledged if they decided to actually follow through on the order. There is no excuse for the lack of transparency. Stating back order with shipping beginning on Jan 21 sets an expectation. Be real! No excuse 

Badge +1

Canned response only, they have committed to emailing me every week and telling me the order status, they have done that - but have really provided no helpful information that isn’t already available in the order status through My Account.

I did called and it was brutal canned response, “ I dont have any additional response what being used in your account , I don’t have timeline , happy to  cancel the order if you wanted to “ 

So you want them to make up dates? I’m expecting that what they tell you originally is what they expect, based on the last 18 months, once that date goes past, they’ve got zero confidence in any information being passed to them by the shipping company, so what is it that they should tell you?

I think they’re being as transparent as they can be. Unfortunately, it’s not something that they have much control over.