Don't have eARC? Get Atmos w/ HD Fury "Arcana" - Pre-orders now LIVE!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

220 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I don’t know if I bumped my arc when setting up arcana but app asked if I moved anything and would like to trueplay again has anyone else had this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi! My LG TV can pass through Dolby Atmos (DD+) through HDMI ARC, so when I watch Netflix and Apple TV + or iTunes Movies with the native app, I can get Dolby Atmos... Just would like to know how I can get the most out of the HDFury Arcana? I have some devices (PS4, Blu-ray player, Chromecast Ultra, Android TV box) connect to the TV via a HDMI switch, and connected a Apple TV 4K directly to the TV with another HDMI.

Just would like to see if anyone can advise me how the connection with the HDFury Arcana should be?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hmmm so I started to pre-order, but then suddenly felt a little nickel and dimes so I stopped for the moment.  At 155 for arcana, then 24 shipping to USA … then there is this import tax.  This shipping from Taiwan or China.  Didn’t look at China, but the import tax can be up to 30%.. although the source states averages nearly 7%.  Then there is this packaging option.  As I understand it is if you want cheaper tariff, we won’t protect it (as much)

I get the tax… but how much will it cost?  7% is about equal to a tax here in the states.  I just don’t want to be surprised with a 30% bill upon delivery.  That’s nonsense.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi all

checking In for any advice before I start the rewiring process today. I have The fury box and a 4K hdmi splitter.  

so am I correct in the following?

plug the x box one x, the sky q box and the ATV 4K into the HDMI splitter.  

the output from the splitter goes into the fury hdmi in port

then the Sonos arc hdmi cable goes into the eArc out on the fury

then a hdmi cable goes from the hdmi out on the fury to the TV hdmi Arc port.  

any help appreciated. 

then re the best sources, Like a lot of other people I have apps on my Xbox the sky Q and the Apple TV and of course the TV itself.  Am I right in thinking that to get the best sound quality the following applies

disney I should used the app on the ATV 4k

Netflix the same   

or can I use the built in tv apps?

thanks

josh

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hmmm so I started to pre-order, but then suddenly felt a little nickel and dimes so I stopped for the moment.  At 155 for arcana, then 24 shipping to USA … then there is this import tax.  This shipping from Taiwan or China.  Didn’t look at China, but the import tax can be up to 30%.. although the source states averages nearly 7%.  Then there is this packaging option.  As I understand it is if you want cheaper tariff, we won’t protect it (as much)

I get the tax… but how much will it cost?  7% is about equal to a tax here in the states.  I just don’t want to be surprised with a 30% bill upon delivery.  That’s nonsense.

Just wait then. They sell their products through the reseller channel so Arcana will show up there eventually. Or wait until it starts shipping and people who got their pre-orders will be able to tell you exactly what it cost. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I think you are looking at things wrong. They are being very upfront. You pay separately for the item and for shipping. Import tax is something that the receiving country charges. So whatever percentage it is, is related to your country’s laws.

My estimate is that it will cost more if you buy it later via resellers.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Update

Plugged everything in as per above.  
Atmos shows in the Sonos app when using the x box with an appropriate dvd and also when using The Apple TV 4k

however I am having issues with the sky Q.  When I switch on the Q box all works well but when I change channel the sound goes off.  Switching the tv off and back on brings the sound back but then it goes again if I change channel.  
switching the sky q box off and on makes no differencee. 

the tv is an LG C7 and the switcher is going into the arc port.  
can anyone help?  

thanks

Unfortunately, I’m on a trip….and have asked DHL three times to reroute it. The original tracking info still shows it going to my home, although I’ve gotten an email showing it’s coming to a new address….with the same tracking number. ;) Who knows when/if/where it will show up. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I think you are looking at things wrong. They are being very upfront. You pay separately for the item and for shipping. Import tax is something that the receiving country charges. So whatever percentage it is, is related to your country’s laws.

My estimate is that it will cost more if you buy it later via resellers.  

I don’t mean to make it sound like they are being deceitful.  I appreciate the upfrontness.  I more want to know what the tax will be.  From a very little research it can be from nothing (exempt under $100) to 30%.  That’s a big range and be be upwards of 155+24+up to 45.  For now and in the future, for total cost, I am less interested above the 190 range...

TampaBucs23

Just order it HDFury Arcana should arrive Monday 10/5.

Have the Arc, Sun-Gen 2 with 2 SONOS One’s SL

Can’t afford to buy a NEW TV at this time with E-ARC :)

Lets see what happens.

I will post a video on you tube

Peace!

Badge +1

Ok got an issue that may be simple or not. After the most recent update I’m getting uncompressed truehd Atmos. But non of my dts hd master audio or dts-x movies have audio. Is this an issue with the Arc or the Arcana. I can’t believe it’s the arcana. 

Sonos still doesn’t process DTS in any format. It must be Dolby Digital Plus or (Dolby) TrueHD. You’d need to check with HD Fury about whether their device transcodes from DTS to a readable format for Sonos. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I was tempted by this, but by the time I add postage and tax I am at $250 Canadian. So I am going to hold off and see if Vizio update their firmware as my TV is a 2019 model. I get Atmos from USB’s plugged into the TV (DD+) so it can do it. It passes DD+ from my Roku but not atmos. So it’s almost there, if they chose (ha!) to do it. 

I am curious how it works for those of you that get it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I was tempted by this, but by the time I add postage and tax I am at $250 Canadian. So I am going to hold off and see if Vizio update their firmware as my TV is a 2019 model. I get Atmos from USB’s plugged into the TV (DD+) so it can do it. It passes DD+ from my Roku but not atmos. So it’s almost there, if they chose (ha!) to do it. 

I am curious how it works for those of you that get it. 

I wouldn’t hold my breath on this if I were you, @britishwonderings. I think you’ve got to have an HDMI 2.0b port for a firmware update to be even possible and I have no idea if the 2019 Vizios have that port. They made a big deal out of starting to support HDMI 2.1 / eARC with the 2020 models that aren’t even out yet, so I’m doubtful that they’ll retroactively add functionality. But I could be wrong. 

I get Atmos from the Netflix and Plex (demos only) apps on my 2018 Vizio model and the TV even recognizes it and displays a special Atmos badge so it certainly is aware of the format. It’s just not fully supported with external devices (or even their own built-in apps). 

For me, this was a no-brainer given how much I’ve already put into my Arc system. A couple hundred bucks to get Atmos / True HD out of all my external devices? Sign me up!  

Attached Arcana and worked great for Cable, Apple4KTV and Oppo UHD 203. Sounded awesome/great.

Came back on later and the Oppo will not show on the screen anymore or play. Other two options of viewing work fine still. 

Trying to update the Arcana with the unzipped BIN file but Update OLED screen shows, No Update found on the USB. Go back to Menu. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Feel real close to getting this working right but cannot get the Arcana to recognize the BIN updates.

Any help appreciated.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Ok got an issue that may be simple or not. After the most recent update I’m getting uncompressed truehd Atmos. But non of my dts hd master audio or dts-x movies have audio. Is this an issue with the Arc or the Arcana. I can’t believe it’s the arcana. 

Hi

As the others have said to use DTS it has to be transcoded into DD 5.1, I chose to go with a second 4k Blu ray player as Samsung units can do the transcode. I picked up a Samsung M9000 off eBay for a reasonable price and less than an Xbox. It is set to transcode to Dolby Digital in the audio options and it works a treat, it also means that I now don’t have to get rid of my DTS (and there are a lot more than I expected!) Discs

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

The cost certainly eats into my 30% off but does future proof a Sony OLED from 2019 without eARC and only 2 high speed HDMI ports. 

it’s a great display and the Arcana and a switch will help keep the sound up to speed with the picture.  

I’d contact HDFury on their Discord channel, they don’t have a rep who responds here. 

Badge +1

Wow that’s not something I come across when buying the Arc and researching it. 90% of my movies are in DTSHD master Audio format which I prefer over Dolby true HD. It’s bad enough having to buy an Arcana but now I got to get another player capable of down sampling my Audio to get sound! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Highfalutintodd How are you getting Atmos from Netflix on your 2018 Vizio? Is it the built in app or through another device? I have a 2018 P-Series and I am not getting Atmos from Netflix (only regular DD+) from either the built in app or from my Apple TV 4K. I do get it from the built in Prime Video, Plex and Vudu apps where supported.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Attached Arcana and worked great for Cable, Apple4KTV and Oppo UHD 203. Sounded awesome/great.

Came back on later and the Oppo will not show on the screen anymore or play. Other two options of viewing work fine still. 

Trying to update the Arcana with the unzipped BIN file but Update OLED screen shows, No Update found on the USB. Go back to Menu. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Feel real close to getting this working right but cannot get the Arcana to recognize the BIN updates.

Any help appreciated.

HI

this happened to me.  I reformatted the USB stick.  Make sure you pay attention to the format you choose.  Reloaded the bin file and it worked

Josh

Just received my Arcana but wondering are there any special settings needed on the Arcana for an IoGear 4K switch with Oppo UHD 203 , Apple 4K TV and Cable TV? Unfortunately, my Samsung 75 Q9FN has an HDMI arc connection but that does not work and therefore the need for the Arcana. 

I will be feeding the sound to the Sonos Arc from the Arcana connection.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

So glad I found the Arcana!  I still love my Q9FN’s picture but want to take advantage of full Atmos on my Arc. Arcana promises just that :)  ...and for a lot less than trying to upgrade my 75” display with a newer one. Thanks HDFury!!  https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Just received my Arcana but wondering are there any special settings needed on the Arcana for an IoGear 4K switch with Oppo UHD 203 , Apple 4K TV and Cable TV? Unfortunately, my Samsung 75 Q9FN has an HDMI arc connection but that does not work and therefore the need for the Arcana. 

I will be feeding the sound to the Sonos Arc from the Arcana connection.

Plug Arcana and ATV4K first without the switch to make sure things work fine before adding the switch back in. Most the time just plug and play. 
Just ask if there are issues. 

Thanks Josh but which format?