Answered

"Unable to connect to Sonos Fix It "

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Badge

I went ahead and did Factory Resets to all 3 of my zones and setup my System again.  So far no disconnections, I will report back with update(s)...

I had exact same problem. Turns out that I had a VPN installed on my phone (Hola). Uninstalling it fixed the problem. 

I have 2 Sonos amps and I’m getting this disconnected from Sonos issue. Router connectivity is great, restarted both Sonos amps no dice.

Last time this happened (2 month ago) I called support and had to make a wired Ethernet connection to update my Sonos Amp as others have done in this thread. Now I have 2 amps and this is pretty annoying as I have to disconnect the speakers, HDMI, power on each, cart them upstairs to the router and down again which is all fine. But how often am I going to have to do this?

Clearly Sonos is pushing out bugs or incompatible versions of software. Does anyone have strategies to minimize the impact of their screw ups? I’m wondering if there’s any way to perform updates on my own schedule. Another solution would be a WiFi to Ethernet adapter at each amp since the Ethernet port continues to work after these broken updates hit. 

Here’s hoping the upcoming “OS” refresh comes with more reliability.

I’ve had about 7 or so interactions with support at this point. I was happy to see S2 arrive because I thought maybe due to random luck something would be fixed. Upgraded both Amps then the next day they were disconnected again. Here’s what I’ve learned:

1. The last support person recommended that I split my 2.4 and 5GHz bands into 2 SSIDs. Sonos only uses the 2.4 band.
  2. I only need to wire one of my devices to the router to get both devices operating again.

I’m also thinking about assigning static IPs to the 2 Sonos devices just to see if that changes anything 

I’ll split my network SSID to see if that helps but makes me a little sad that my other devices won’t be able to seamlessly switch bands to trade off speed and range.