Answered

Trouble connecting new Sub and era 300 speakers to wifi

• 28 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I just got my 2nd Sub for my living room in addition to a pair of Era 300s to connect to my existing Arc, sub and Play 5 gen 2 set up for my living room - trouble is, the new sub and era 300s won’t connect to my existing wifi network which my other speakers are on. They play just fine as well. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 March 2024, 17:23

View original

3 replies

If they’re set up as surrounds and a Sub with the Arc, they connect to the Arc, not your WiFi directly. 

Thanks for the reply. They weren’t set up as surrounds - it was Arc + Sub and then the 5 by itself. I hope that makes sense. 

Connecting to the arc does make sense as well since I did that with the first sub but it’s not giving me the option unfortunately 

Then there isn’t enough information here to help, I’m sorry. Some general statements: when not in a ‘home theater room’, you can only have one Sub bonded. Two Subs are possible in a ‘home theater room’ context when one of them is gen 3, and neither of them is a Sub mini. 

Otherwise, I’d recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They may be able to get a clearer picture of your network devices, and what Sonos isn’t properly connecting to it.