Skip to main content
Question

Sonus software update

• 15 July 2024
  • 0 replies

Intestersting read about software update chat 

• Give me a moment to connect you.

• Chat started with Stefan N

• Hello, my name is Stefan. Your case has been reassigned to me and I'll be happy to assist from here. Please allow me a moment to review your ticket so we can pick up where you left off. In the meantime, feel free to provide me with any additional details you think might be helpful.

• i would like to congratulate the developers for bricken my sonus 1 speaker system upon app updating my music lib has disapeared and when trying reconect it comes back with error 913 upon looking on web it is a common issue please advice how to rectify

• Thank you! This revitalization of the Sonos app is our most ambitious software update yet, and aims to address what our customers have been asking us for. It’s a huge undertaking, and we are taking the time and effort to ensure all features work seamlessly and meet both our standards and the standards of our listeners. With this commitment in mind, features such as browsing music library will not be available at launch, but will be added to the app on a rolling basis over the coming months.

• Please let me know if you are using a Windows or MacOS computer.

• windows and andriod same issue on both

• For now, we have the workaround to fix this issue . Please follow the steeps: 1. Switch your LAN to “Private Network” Settings > Network & internet > Ethernet/WiFi - Select “Private Network” radio button 2. Settings > Network & internet > Advanced sharing settings - Under “Private networks” (current profile) section - Set “Network discovery” On - Set “Setup network connected devices automatically” checked - Set “File and printer sharing” On 3. Right-click on your music folder (or drive) and select Properties from the pop-up - Select the “Sharing” tab, and click the “Advanced Sharing” button - Check the “Share this folder” checkbox - Set “Share name” to ‘SonosLibrary’ (no quotes) - Click the “Permissions” button - In the pop-up under “Enter the object names to select” type ‘MusicShare’ (no quotes) - click the “Check names” button to validate, and click the “OK” and/or “Apply” buttons to close the nest dialog boxes 4. - In the Sonos iOS or Android client, navigate to “Music Library Setup” - Select “Add Shared Music Folder” - Path = \\eyour machine name]\SonosLibrary - User name = MusicShare - Password = from Step 3] Wait for Music Index to build

Stefan N

• yes tried all of that thats why im on here as it doesnt work either on android or windows

• Thank you for your efforts!

Stefan N

• im not the only one others are having same issue ERROR 913

• unable to add shared folder (913)

• We are investigating the issue and hopefully, we will fix it soon. For now, the workaround above is the only troubleshooting we can try. Thank you so much for alerting us.

Stefan N

• would downgrading the system rectify

• We can not downgrade the products to previous software versions.

• maybe the app developers should test before deploying upgrade as im not alone with this issue numerous people are having same issue maybe get somebody to google it and see how many hacked off customers their are ??

• so basically i have a severall hundred pound system i cannot use till the inept software developers come up with a solution which could be be month

• I understand how you feel about the functional change. The Sonos product team has conducted extensive user research over the years and applied those learnings to the redesigned app to address many needs our customers have been asking for.

• yes but to brick a system therefore proper testing hasnt been done in this instance otherwise i wouldnt be on here would i

• Please know that our team is actively working to restore this functionality. If you'd like, you can refer to feature articles on support.sonos.com. The system is not bricked. The software does not have that music library feature yet.

Stefan N

• its bricked as it cannot be used simple theres no other to put it if it worked before why change what works in 1st place one major c***up on somebodies part

• We set out to create a more personalized and effortless listening experience with the updated Sonos app. It was rebuilt from the ground up to ensure it could support future innovation in the years to come. For its initial rollout, we focused on how we could answer some of the most common requests from our customers, including increased reliability, performance, and faster access to music services.

Stefan N

• https://en.community.sonos.com/general-feedback-and-conversation-229090/error-913-after-update-causes-major-headache-6895709

• maybe look at the link provided and pass it onto relevant department as im not on my own with this issue

• Thank you for flagging this!

Stefan N

• still does not fix it and im being as polite as possible so timescale ????

• We appreciate your patience. At the moment the steps provided above are our only workaround, which for many users solved the issue. We will release an update to fix this, no worries. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you or if you have any further questions or concerns.

Stefan N

• you used to be a well respected brand and over the years its slowly gone down the s***ter & run by a bunch of muppets imo

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!