Answered

Sonos stops playing randomly

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Hey there, dsmoran. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. You may want to check out this topic where one of our users spoke to a senior technician about streaming content from your mobile device.
My sonos one stop music randomly. It doesn't important the music source. Mostly stop playing after 10 min or more
In most cases of music stopping randomly, it's caused by wifi interference.

If the solutions provided in that link, it might be helpful if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Hello Richard,

So my Sonos system has started to play up again. It’s only my beam that’s affected. I have a Sonos one grouped with the beam. The beam stops playing while the one keeps on playing. I group the beam back with the kitchen and it’ll play for 2-3 mins and then stop again. Any help would be appreciated. My diagnostic number is: 177370424

Kind regards
Brendan

Thank you for confirming that. The diagnostic did not show any errors from those services. Have you played music from Spotify, or Apple music recently? 

Does this only happen when the Connect is playing audio; for example, if you were to play music on just your Beam, does the audio cut out as well? 

I’m having the same problem on my iPhoneX and my wife’s iPhoneX
the playback stops randomly
BUT the iPhone tells me that Sonos has lost connection with my iphone
That’s s fine explanation but I have 3 bars wifi signal strength on my iphone

Help

Yes the beam cuts out while using Apple Music. I’ll see what it does tonight and if it stops I’ll run another diagnostic test. 

Thanks

Hi Richard, the Sonos system has been good since last time I spoke to you but it’s started playing up again. It’s cutting out using Apple Music with the iPad and also through the record player hooked up with the connect. My diagnostic number is: 111585530

Thanks again

Brendan

But that doesn’t indicate what the strength of the signal is between your speakers and your router, and also doesn’t show you if you might have a potential IP conflict. The only indication there is that your phone sees a 3 bar signal average over time.

Thank you. We would like to move your case over to our phone team, as we can go through more detailed troubleshooting with you in live time. I am going to send you a direct message requesting more information, so I can create a case for you.