Answered

Lost A Room On the Sonos App

• 15 December 2014
  • 144 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Hi Tom, would you have any advice on the seemingly dead play1 above? The weird bit is that it powers up, gets to green light and then during the pairing process goes blinking orange immediately after the sound that follows pushing the two buttons to pair.
After pressing the two buttons the flashing orange LED is normal. This means it is trying to communicate with your network and get an IP address (as noted here). What we are more interested in is what the Sonos application is doing after the button press. Does the screen stay at the press the two buttons step or does it say "Connecting..." and then fail?

As you'd assume, these outcomes tell us different things about where in the handshake process things went awry. Thanks in advance.
After diagnostics it turns out my -12month old play:5 has developed a hardware fault - replacement due.
I have the same issue with my system. I have lost the Playbase from the system. I have reset the wireless router frequency, I have done a factory reset, I have hardwired the speaker directly to the router, and nothing works. Diagnostic number 7921544
I have have 4 rooms connected, and one has dropped off - I've tried resetting the router, tested the line, power-cycled the play:5 unit and still nothing. Diagostic #7915507 Many thanks.
Hi Tom, would you have any advice on the seemingly dead play1 above? The weird bit is that it powers up, gets to green light and then during the pairing process goes blinking orange immediately after the sound that follows pushing the two buttons to pair.
Hi Tom, thanks for the response and suggestion. No luck, unfortunately. plugged in vie cable (tried the ConnectAMP and the router too separately) and all I get is green first, then trying to pair and nothing works... I bought this play1 on AU and now I'm in SG... diag report: 7893468
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi lvnt, welcome to the community. Can you temporarily wire in that missing player to your router with Ethernet cable? Make sure the light flashes white for a minute or so and then goes to solid white. That's what you should see for normal operation. Once you get that white light, check on the app to see if the room has appeared. If not, try adding it again by following the menu under Settings > Add a Player or SUB. If you ever manage to get the speaker showing again, please send us a diagnostic at that point and reply here with the number you get.

If you cannot get it to appear, or the lights are not doing what you expect, you may want to try a factory reset on it. If that works, try to add it in again. Let us know how it goes.
Hi, I lost a room too, can't get it back... submitted diag#7851591
thanks
If it works fine while wired with an ethernet cable, but not while on ethernet, I'd suggest that the wifi card in it has failed. Your best bet is to contact Sonos directly, at www.sonos.com/contact Replacements generally aren't dealt with here in these forums.
i'm having the same problem. suddenly our Play5 (gen2) has disappeared. I've rebooted the player, the router and changed the wireless channel and nothing. I even heard the chime over and over again but it would not connect. Then i connected the player to the router via ethernet and it connected, only to lose it again once i moved it back into it's original place. very frustrating that a player that has worked perfectly for a long time suddenly is not usable. help plz diagnosics 7835673
Lost my family room. Diagnostic 7825065.
My Connect (which is the line-in for my record player) often disappears, and now my room with Playbase, sub, and two Play 1's has disappeared. I've rebooted the router, and rebooted all of the individual speakers with no help. Diagnostic information number is 7763443.
A room disappeared on the app. Diagnostic number is 7705654
I've lost a Play 5 speaker. Have tried restarting the speaker and the router a few times without success. Diagnostic number 7691000. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
I am having the same issue. My diagnostic confirmation number is 7671626.
Thank you
I am having the same issue, i have lost connection with the family room on our Sonos controller. My diagnostics is 7658243
Same thing for me. It keeps happening, I can usually reboot and find the speaker again, but not this time. My play 5 is missing for a week. 7636092
Ive lost a room too. Others in the house have it. Diagnostic code is 7620866..any advice
Hey Jeff,

Same problem here, tried rebooting it before, and then it works for a few days, but the same thing keeps happening

Diagnostics 7594274
Hello, I am having the same issue all of a sudden and my diagnostic number is 7570596. I have a Play 1,3,5 and all of a sudden the 3 keeps disappearing. Twice now. The 1 has been stopping music suddenly today as well. All has been seamless until now. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, thekateowen. Welcome to the community. The issue is quite clear, you are using multiple WiFi access points which can cause a range of issues. Please see here for advised fixes. Thanks.
Same problem, lost one speaker. Have unplugged and rebooted router with no luck. Diagnostic 7494887
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello melbourne_massive & SDS,

Hi, I've lost a room with a pair of Play 1's. Diagnostics submitted 7319948

After reviewing your diagnostic report, I can see the left side of the stereo pair in the Kitchen has lost it's IP address from the router. Commonly power cycling a player should allow it to re-engage your home's router and acquire an IP address which will enable it to start communicating with your network. The other item I noticed is that you have your home's wireless network information loaded into Sonos which is not needed. When the player comes back online follow the steps below from your Android device to remove the network information.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup > Reset

Please feel free to follow back up with a diagnostic report for review if the steps I mentioned do not resolve the issue

I'm having the same problem. Diagnostic number 7339210

I was able to see you reached out to our Customer Care Center by phone for assistance. If you are still in need of any help, please let us know.
I'm having the same problem. Diagnostic number 7339210
Hi, i've lost a room with a pair of Play 1's. Diagnostics submitted 7319948