Skip to main content
Answered

Connecting to multiple SONOS systems not working now

• 9 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

Since the latest app this week I can no longer connect to the second system at our holiday house. 

It works on the Windows app but not on iPhone or Android. In other words, it's not really usable to have to get out a laptop to launch music, manage volumes, etc. 

The Apple and Android apps just say they can't find a system on this network then ask to update the network. When we do that, it still doesn't work. The fact that it does work on Windows suggests the issue is with the new crApp. 

Another fail from the super heros we pay lots of money to. Sorry to say that SONOS team but you are very clearly not testing your software before launching it on us, your paying customers. 

GET IT RIGHT...please. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yep. Having the exact same problem. App is now useless!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

For the benefit of others, I have worked this out.  The solution is ugly and not remotely the same as before the new crApp was thrust upon us.

At your secondary system location:

1. Open the crApp,
  2. Click on your profile icon (top right corner) to access “Account” settings.
  3. Click on “crApp Preferences”,
  4. Scroll down and “Reset crApp”.

Once that is done you will be presented with a heap of terms and conditions where you promise to name your baby after the Sonos CEO, etc.  Once you have accepted your fate, you can then join an existing system (just like we always used to be able to do).

When returning back to your home system you will need to do the same thing, and sign in to the crApp and carry on as normal.

Hope that helps @broondog and others.

Cheers.

Badge

I have the exact same problem: Two identical systems in two different houses (both 2x Move in stereo). The old Android app used to recognize each local system instantly. Now, I have to go through the whole “system discovery” rigmarole every time, with mixed results (still not finding sometimes). Takes so much time... Drives me absolutely nuts! So much nuisance that it’s not worth using Sonos anymore.

Also, where did the Android widgets go?? Ridiculous!!! I don’t get it. The app wasn’t that complicated after all. How can you * something this simple up??

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Sonos has made this whole thing super painful and I find it incredibly ironic that they pummel me with emails about new product at the same time as my system stops working. 
I am now at the point where my hate this system. When I call in for help, they blame the internet company and whoever else they can… 

is this their business model?? They get people hooked and make it all so easy… and then they make it painful by making you believe you need to buy new product. 
they are of ZERO help when you call customer support