Sonos: unable to browse music with spotify

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

67 replies

Exactly the same issue here. (Netherlands) Never had this issue before.
Same issue as well, this is very frustrating!
None of the recommended solutions work for me so I guess we just wait again for Sonos to accept that they have a problem Again! and sort it out! Merry xmas everybody!!!!!!!!
Badge
Stopped working again - very disappointed!
Same problem...
So disappointed with my Sonos system! I can't use my spotify account either. It is Christmas - please can you techi guys at Sonos please resolve this ASAP.
Same problem here (Netherlands). Apparently re-authorisation and other suggested fixes don't work, so I will wait for an official Sonos solution and successful feedback from some users (I'm not the most technical guy)
Yup, adding my name to the list of all those who bothered to find this forum. Spotify through Sonos failed on Christmas morning. Spotify working fine directly on iPad/Macbook, etc., but unable to browse via Sonos. Very disappointing and still can't play music over this Christmas holiday. Tried rebooting everything, reauthorising, and all that jazz -nowt, nada, klum, zilch... 
Not really good enough when i pay for Spotify Premium and have a very expensive speaker system that will only allow me to listen to the free radio stations currently ! Spotify works perfectly, Sonos is not !
take the opportunity to try some of the free Radio stations...there's Christmas only ones and every type of genre you can think of--some playing continuous music.
me as well - working fine on Christmas eve but had continual problems since yesterday
Me too
Im having exactly the same problem in the channel islands! So annoying!!! Sonos need to sort this out ASAP
Exactly the same problem here in The Netherlands. Must be a sonos problem because spotify app works fine. Getting tired of sonos/ spotify problems.
Dear Sonos, We have made an investment in your technology, an quite large investment equating to over £1000. That level of investment needs to come with trust: trust that the equipment will work, not just the hardware we have purchased, but the back-end services that glue it all together. As a software engineer, I'm puzzled as to why use of Spotify is dependent on servers you run, and not just Spotify, but given that it is, and the availability of cloud computing platforms, which allow for an illusion of infinite capacity, having unreliable services that fall over with Christmas and BoxingDay demand is unacceptable. I'd like to know how you are going to recompense me, and the other users that have been unable to play music over Christmas: arguably the time at which we want it most. I was considering extending the sonos equipment : home theatre with a soundbar, sub and a couple of Play:1's but I now expect it to fail in the middle of a movie, so I think I see a more traditional system in my future. Regards Andrew
same for me. worked fine until a couple of days ago now just says "unable to browse music". tried on 3 different devices. reauthorized my spotify account. spotify works ok on its own
me as well - working fine on Christmas eve but had continual problems since yesterday
Same here - very frustrating, You sound like my IT at work "re-boot the system" or how the hell am I going to change my router's channel. I'm just going to stop using spotify but to be fair there is not a lot of options for music streaming. really disappointed. 
Same issue here...
It was working yesterday after you resolved it. Now, it's stopped again! What is going on?
I to can not get Spotify working on my Sonos. Everything had been fine until yesterday and all of a sudden it says 'There was a problem searching. Please try again'. I have tried following the re-boot process outlined earlier in the post and Spotify works fine on stand alone on my MAC. Also the radio function and music library on my MAC works fine through Sonos - just not Spotify, which is annoying as I wanted to play lots of Christmas songs through the system. 
yeah! Great fun now - thanks for sort ing out! 
Same problem as other posters: Sonos cannot play music from Spotify Premium as a source. Sonos ‘sees’ our Spotify account as a source: but returns an empty field of blue with “Unable to browse music” when you click on Spotify “Playlists”, or “There was a problem searching” if you use the Search field. System is 5 Sonos players, a Bridge, 3 Macs and 5 iPhone/iPad controllers. Had been working perfectly for a year, until problem exclusively with Spotify started 2 weeks ago. All Players, Controllers and System continue to work fine with all sources other than Spotify. Able to play from Amazon, Pandora and Internet Radio Spotify app itself working fine on all devices, and our Premium account is uptodate. Have removed and re-added/authorized Spotify as a Sonos source 3 times. There is no problem adding and authorizing the Spotify Premium account. Have today uninstalled Sonos, downloaded current controller software for all devices, reset Bridge and Players to factory defaults, and re-configured entire system. No change in problem. Is there a system reset or update that can be done on Sonos’ end that might solve my problem?

yep..mine too...all resolved, looks like it was a backend issue ..now gets those tunes going 😉
Badge
Same problem as other posters: Sonos cannot play music from Spotify Premium as a source. Sonos ‘sees’ our Spotify account as a source: but returns an empty field of blue with “Unable to browse music” when you click on Spotify “Playlists”, or “There was a problem searching” if you use the Search field. System is 5 Sonos players, a Bridge, 3 Macs and 5 iPhone/iPad controllers. Had been working perfectly for a year, until problem exclusively with Spotify started 2 weeks ago. All Players, Controllers and System continue to work fine with all sources other than Spotify. Able to play from Amazon, Pandora and Internet Radio Spotify app itself working fine on all devices, and our Premium account is uptodate. Have removed and re-added/authorized Spotify as a Sonos source 3 times. There is no problem adding and authorizing the Spotify Premium account. Have today uninstalled Sonos, downloaded current controller software for all devices, reset Bridge and Players to factory defaults, and re-configured entire system. No change in problem. Is there a system reset or update that can be done on Sonos’ end that might solve my problem?
Have just checked and mine is all working now 🙂
Just received Sonos 1 as a gift, set up spotify which was a long and painful process. Took me an hour to get it set up! Now it is set up, I get told that Spotify is unable to browse music. Spotify works fine in its own app, and all other services work fine, so it's no use telling us to reboot of others have done the same and it still doesn't work. It's your end! Please look into this because not only is Spotify expensive but so is your equipment, and it is currently useless. Look into it your end!!
Hi - same problem - so frustrating on Xmas day!  Everything else works and have rebooted router, bridge and play units.  Spotify standalone works on PC.