Question

Blown bass on Play:1

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

It's not uncommon. It's happened to me and I use it at a pretty moderate volume in my restaurant. Doesn't take much. That being said it's likely a manufacturer defect that doesn't happen to all speakers. I'm definitely not happy with this speaker. Now it can't even handle the bass of 80'pop songs. Started about a year and a few months after purchase. I'm stuck because the music service I use goes through Sonos but I'm about to cancel it so I don't have to buy another piece it garbage from Sonos. Kind of sucks. If we're built better it would have been the perfect solution.
Hello All:
I purchased a Play 1 speaker 3rd party. (Actually 5th party - I'm the 5th person to own this particular speaker). Discovered I had just purchased a blown Play 1. Called customer support (which was very polite) ran a diagnostic on the speaker and the speaker showed no connectivity problems. Customer support did listen to the speaker and did confirm that the sound quality was not acceptable. Since I was not the original owner of the speaker they could not assist me with an RMA. My only option would be to track down the original owner and have them authorize the repair. Seeing how this would be impossible - I now have a beautiful Sonos Play 1 White paperweight.

Still a big fan of Sonos and will continue to praise and recommend them to everyone. Just wish they had a more robust repair policy for 3rd (5th) party buyers with out of warranty product.

James G.
anyone know where i can get broken sonos speakers?
mattroten,
are you looking for speakers to rehab? I've got one
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ebay Search on Sonos and select the Parts / Not Working tick box.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Sonos-Home-Speakers-and-Subwoofers/14990/bn_8139056?LH_ItemCondition=7000
Badge
Just wondering....will Sonos sell you parts so you can do your own repair?
I have never seen them do so.
Badge
Too bad....would like to pick up a play 1 for the garage or patio....thought maybe a broken one and then do the repair. But even the broken ones seem to ask a lot of money....with no parts support....have to ca
Badge
......cannibalize from two or more