Beware the Amazon Echo Dot scam before you buy!

• 16 April 2017
  • 91 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

91 replies

No matter when it is released, it is most certainly not being hampered by the fact "the Sonos is WiFi and the Echo Dot is bluetooth!!!!" Not to mention the OP's spamming his "Play 1 versus the UE Boom 2" video on YouTube as "proof", a video in which he chooses the Play:1!

So where is his apology for that nonsense?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I personally did play around with the new Alexa multiroom between Alexa devices. Very clunky to try to do only by voice. It works but not something I would want for my whole home experience. It used it a bit because o don’t have a Sonos device in my main house at our vacation home but have a Sonos connect at the small boathouse where we do most of our s listening. With an echo dot that was down at boat house I was able to play music to the Sonos unit and the unit in main house in sync which was nice. Was good for playing a single song or a radio station but interface severely lacking when it comes to wanting to play multiple songs or playlists.

Sonos still has the experience beat by a mile. I just need to invest in a play 1 for the main house (or Sonos come out with a new speaker compelling enough for me to add to my home and replace one of my current play:1s so I can move it there).

Really same experience as when I had my dot hooked to play:5 which should be similar experience to what we are expecting from Sonos direct support. Great for throwing on a song or radio station. It no substitute for a good controller for the full listening experience. Voice won’t change that - it is a convenience only for simple tasks.
Badge
No matter when it is released, it is most certainly not being hampered by the fact "the Sonos is WiFi and the Echo Dot is bluetooth!!!!" Not to mention the OP's spamming his "Play 1 versus the UE Boom 2" video on YouTube as "proof", a video in which he chooses the Play:1!

So where is his apology for that nonsense?

Please have someone help you with my video. I chose the Sonos because it sounds better. That was obvious. Watch the video, have someone help you with comprehension then post.

Please have someone help you with my video. I chose the Sonos because it sounds better. That was obvious. Watch the video, have someone help you with comprehension then post.

Sorry, I wouldn't trust you to give advice on buying a pet rock. You got more wrong about the product in a single post than anyone I have seen in almost 10 years posting here. Your "Turns out the Sonos is WiFi and the Echo Dot is bluetooth!!!!" statement as proof of an "Amazon Echo Dot scam" will go down as a Top 3 craziest things ever posted.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Jeez, just read this thread, Seanorama the thing that strikes me most is really that you have quite a bad way of communicating with people - quite aggressive and condesending which would be hard to pull of even if you were a highly respected technical expert (which clearly isn't the case). It does set a bad tone from the offset, might want to just consider how you engage with others to get the most helpful information.
Badge
Oh no, I too have just read this thread.... my eyes are bleeding
This thread is really funny in a frustrating way.

To reiterate:

The echo will hear your command and send the command to the sonos speaker VIA the internet/wifi and NOT via bluetooth. Just wait for Oct 4th ok?
Userlevel 2
Just registered.
Hilarious.
Thanks Sean.
Yes, this thread really is hall of fame quality.