Answered

Sonos Voice Control voice response way too loud .... How to change response volume level ?

• 23 February 2023
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Please add ability to adjust the voice volume. I want to use it but it’s often too loud compared to the music I’m playing.

Seconding this, the voice control volume is often way too loud.

I agree, please add this feature to allow volume control to the voice service. 

I couldn't agree more. Very disconcerting when the Sonos guy booms out "That's an excellent choice" and all the neighbours hear it.

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the info Cory.   That is how I thought it was working.  Problem is that often the content you are listening to needs to be louder/loudest (but does not seem too loud) but the Sonos Voice Assistant at max level is much too loud.   Best solution would be to have a setting so user can set the Sonos Voice Assistant level to their choice.  If this can’t be done then the voice assistant level max level should be capped so that the response does not go over certain decibel level that can harm your hearing.  I love the feature but being tied to the volume of the speaker (when speaker at higher levels) makes it unusable.  Hope the team will implement a solution quickly.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @kjs-uke 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Currently, the Sonos Voice Control volume is locked to that of the player - there are no separate levels, just as with the other Voice Assistant services.

I can certainly tag this topic as a feature request, however - it will now be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Thank you for the feedback!