Answered

Sonos Roam isnt charging- using correct power source

Hi- anyone know if there’s a fix for Sonos Roam not charging. It was working perfectly then all of a sudden stopped charging. Nothing I do will let it get any charge or even get enough power to do a reset. 

I have two Roams and I’m using the right power adapter and sonos cord. One Roam is charging fine and the other just has a flashing orange light of death. 

I have had it on charge for 2 days and can’t get it to respond at all except with the orange light after pushing the button. I’ve called support but just end up on hold for a long time. I’m on hold now as I write this. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 April 2023, 12:01

View original

32 replies

This issue just happened to me too. I have 3 Roams and the newest one just stopped responding to cable charging, but it works with the wireless charging. It’s almost exactly 14 months old. 

I guess It’s for these type of cases that some people take out extended warranty cover… in my own case I cover the main electrical goods in the Home for 5 years, TV etc. and no doubt some Sonos Roams will continue playing for many years.

Notably Sonos do sometimes offer a discount off the purchase of another product if a device fails shortly outside the warranty period, or if it’s not too far outside, they may occasionally replace a device, but it seems that is handled on a ‘case by case’ basis, presumably based on usage and diagnostic data etc. 

Anyhow my own personal thoughts are to give Sonos Support a call. Here are their contact details…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Thanks for the response! I contacted Sonos and they requested a submission of diagnostics. Will see what happens.

Have you tried the 25sec + power button long-press Roam reset (when off it’s charger), followed by a 30 minute charge with a PD USB-C charger (power output between 2A/3A x 5V (10W-15W)) …and then repeat the two steps again, to see if that brings the Roam’s battery back to life?

Did all these things. It’s a total brick. Seems like a known problem they don’t want to deal with or recall

I’ve not had an issue with either Sonos Roam I have here .. and same is the case for family/friends, but the answer is to perhaps go back to Sonos Support. Here is their link: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Did it all. It’s a known issue. They said they would give me 30% off a new one since out of warranty. I find this unacceptable. They clearly know this happens about 1.5 yrs. If I was an European Union. Customer instead of US, I would be covered by their 2 yr warranty. They told me someone would get back to me with my case.  No response. I own 7 units! I posted on their FB page and they blocked me 🤣 maybe the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. 

If you're experiencing issues with charging your Sonos Roam despite using the correct power source, there could be a few potential reasons for this problem. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Verify the power source: Ensure that the power source you are using is functioning properly. Try connecting another device to the same power source and see if it charges successfully. Also, make sure you're using the correct charging cable provided by Sonos.

2. Clean charging contacts: Sometimes, dirt, dust, or debris can accumulate on the charging contacts of the Sonos Roam or the charging cable. Gently clean the charging contacts on both the speaker and the cable using a soft, dry cloth. This can help ensure a proper connection.

3. Check cable and port: Inspect the charging cable for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires or bent connectors. If the cable baby shampoo after hair transplant is damaged, try using a different cable to see if that resolves the charging issue. Additionally, inspect the charging port on the Sonos Roam for any debris or obstructions. If necessary, use a can of compressed air to clean the port.

4. Restart the Sonos Roam: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve charging issues. Turn off the Sonos Roam, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Attempt to charge it again and see if it works.

5. Update firmware: Ensure that your Sonos Roam is running the latest firmware version. You can check for updates through the Sonos app or the Sonos website. Keeping the firmware up to date can address any software-related charging issues.

6. Contact Sonos support: If none of the above steps resolve the charging problem, it's recommended to reach out to Sonos customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting guidance or arrange for a repair or replacement if necessary.

Remember, troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the specific issue, and it's always best to consult the official documentation or seek support from the manufacturer for accurate guidance.

It’s a known issues. Right at 1.5 yrs. They will not take responsibility for it. 

Update. I was very positively surprised as I received a replacement Roam. Very good customer service!

I can’t get them to respond outside of the 30% off coupon 

They have no suggestions. Their final response is provided below. Based on the comments in this forum, it sounds like this is simply a common fault in the product.

----------

Thank you for the pictures provided. After checking I can see that your Sonos Roam is no longer covered under the warranty, however, please have in account that we have changed our out-of-warranty process method. Previously, customers with an out-of-warranty RMA received a 30% discount that could only be used for a replacement of the product or the current generation of that product. 
Now, the customers will receive a 30% coupon to purchase a new device from the website. (The coupon details will be provided via email as soon as we receive the defective unit at the warehouse). 

You can even purchase any multi-player bundles in the Sets category of the online shop for 30% off, including a surround sound system. However, please be aware that if you use it on a shopping cart with more than one item, it will only apply to the most expensive item. If you would like to proceed please share with us the following information:
- Full name 
- Best contact number 
- Shipping address information 

If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

----------

Hi I’ve have my roam 3 months and it’s just stopped charging - will get a replacement but not sure if I should bother as it seems like it’s a fault with the actual product.

It’s totally dead and won’t turn on :(