Answered

Sonos Roam isnt charging- using correct power source

Show first post

34 replies

Well:

1. Use a 5V 2,4A charger and USB-A to USB-C cable. Orange lights constantly.
  2. Well, the Roam has primarily been used with a QI wireless charger so contact is clean.
  3. They are working correctly.
  4. Can´t restart a dead Sonos.
  5. How can I do that - it is Dead?
  6. Have done, they want me to come back after having it on charge for more than an hour…

Assume they will offer me a discount for a new Roam. I don´t dare going that way, wasting too much money...

Note the charger should certainly be "PD certified" - don’t use just any charger - otherwise a cheap power adapter could encounter a power surge, which might actually damage the Roam. Keep the li-ion battery topped up. I recommend using both the ‘Battery Saver’ and ‘WiFi Power Save’ features available in the Sonos App.

Qi chargers are okay, but they do take twice as long as USB-C to charge the Roam and perhaps are more-suited for overnight charging, or simply leaving the Roam on it when not out & about.

Update. I was very positively surprised as I received a replacement Roam. Very good customer service!

Any dead roams for sale?

Well:

1. Use a 5V 2,4A charger and USB-A to USB-C cable. Orange lights constantly.
  2. Well, the Roam has primarily been used with a QI wireless charger so contact is clean.
  3. They are working correctly.
  4. Can´t restart a dead Sonos.
  5. How can I do that - it is Dead?
  6. Have done, they want me to come back after having it on charge for more than an hour…

Assume they will offer me a discount for a new Roam. I don´t dare going that way, wasting too much money...

If you're experiencing issues with charging your Sonos Roam despite using the correct power source, there could be a few potential reasons for this problem. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Verify the power source: Ensure that the power source you are using is functioning properly. Try connecting another device to the same power source and see if it charges successfully. Also, make sure you're using the correct charging cable provided by Sonos.

2. Clean charging contacts: Sometimes, dirt, dust, or debris can accumulate on the charging contacts of the Sonos Roam or the charging cable. Gently clean the charging contacts on both the speaker and the cable using a soft, dry cloth. This can help ensure a proper connection.

3. Check cable and port: Inspect the charging cable for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires or bent connectors. If the cable baby shampoo after hair transplant is damaged, try using a different cable to see if that resolves the charging issue. Additionally, inspect the charging port on the Sonos Roam for any debris or obstructions. If necessary, use a can of compressed air to clean the port.

4. Restart the Sonos Roam: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve charging issues. Turn off the Sonos Roam, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Attempt to charge it again and see if it works.

5. Update firmware: Ensure that your Sonos Roam is running the latest firmware version. You can check for updates through the Sonos app or the Sonos website. Keeping the firmware up to date can address any software-related charging issues.

6. Contact Sonos support: If none of the above steps resolve the charging problem, it's recommended to reach out to Sonos customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting guidance or arrange for a repair or replacement if necessary.

Remember, troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the specific issue, and it's always best to consult the official documentation or seek support from the manufacturer for accurate guidance.

I have the same issue with my Roam, Will not charge anymore, and cannot be started. 1,5 years old.

I also have a roam that bricked after 14 months of use (right outside the warranty). Seems to be a bad product based on the all the similar posts. Sonos has offered a 30% off coupon but I will not be buying another Roam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @PeterNYC

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of your troubles - I hope you were able to get through to our support team.

@DDcool - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, if you haven’t done so already.

This will not help you , but I can just tell you that I have the exact same problem. (for some time now).

I really regret buying these Roam’s, I have no issues at all with my Play’s.

Now I have 2 black bricks.