Roam Stereo Pair randomly unpair.

• 5 November 2021
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

Badge

Hi James,

We have just had a Power-Outage for 2 minutes because of some small changes to the electrical panel.

Though this ended up with the Roam Stereo pairing to break. The speakers where not touched doing this operation, nor powered down or anything. I will expect the same behaviors as my other Sonos Stereo paired devices.

I have submitted a diagnostic (1832063646)

Badge

Thanks James. I will.

i just repaired them this morning again. I will update you with the number, when it happen again.

Badge +17

Both Roams are always Power Connected , and placed same location all the time. They are not moved away. They are also always powered on just as our Play:1 and :3 always are.

Even with that, we randomly see the Stereo pairing breaks. It can break at any time, - between same minutes when pairing up-to couple of days. There is no rhythm to it. Last time the Pairing broke while i was listening to music -.., the music simply disappeared from the paired Roam.

For me, this is a bug. If Stereo pairing Roams - it must not just dis-pairing without a note of why.

If this is the case, I’d like to see a diagnostic from your system after one of these unpairing events. Please don’t re-pair them until after you’ve submitted the diagnostic and replied with the number in this thread.

Badge

Hi @James L. and @John B ,

Both Roams are always Power Connected , and placed same location all the time. They are not moved away. They are also always powered on just as our Play:1 and :3 always are.

Even with that, we randomly see the Stereo pairing breaks. It can break at any time, - between same minutes when pairing up-to couple of days. There is no rhythm to it. Last time the Pairing broke while i was listening to music -.., the music simply disappeared from the paired Roam, but continued on the other Roam as nothing happened.

For me, this is a bug.

If I Stereo pairing Roams, i don’t expect them to randomly dis-pairing, without my accept or at least notification with a note of why. This has to be a bug. 

Are you on software update 13.3 or later? 13.3 brought some improvements to the Roam.

Badge +17

Hi @sorensent,

The stereo pair will separate if you connect to Roam via Bluetooth, put it into sleep mode, or power it off. The same won’t happen with a Play:1 or Play:3 since they’re not battery powered nor will they be taken out of range of each other.

Once Roam is powered on and connected to Wi-Fi, you will need to recreate the stereo pair again using the steps on our Creating a Stereo Pair FAQ.