Skip to main content
Answered

Query about the hissing noise from Roam 2

• 22 July 2024
  • 5 replies

My Roam 2 speaker, when connected to my phone (whether via Bluetooth or WiFi), intermittently produces hissing noise. Even when playing music, if it’s soft music, I can still notice this buzzing noise similar to electrical interference. Placing the speaker close to my ear, I discovered that the noise is coming from the lower part of the speaker (below the Sonos logo). Could this be a quality issue with the product? Is there a setting in the Sonos app that can resolve this issue, or can I request a replacement? I am very satisfied with the design and sound quality of the Roam 2, but this white noise issue is quite bothersome.

5 replies

Hi, also have the same issue and no fix as yet. 

White noise / buzzing on Bluetooth & WiFi. 
I have other Sonos products but this is the first portable speaker. Only had it for a few weeks and barely used it up to now. 
Will be calling Sonos Support once I am able to. 

Hi, also have the same issue and no fix as yet. 

White noise / buzzing on Bluetooth & WiFi. 
I have other Sonos products but this is the first portable speaker. Only had it for a few weeks and barely used it up to now. 
Will be calling Sonos Support once I am able to. 

I returned the hissing one and bought a new Roam 2. I believe this is a quality issue. My new roam 2 works perfectly well without any white noise. If you can return or exchange, i highly recommend doing it. 

Hi, thanks for the update. 
Did you return to the retailer or to Sonos via support please? 

Hi i have the same exact issue, did you try contacting sonos support? Or should i just go ahead and return it? I bought it trough amazon…

If you are able to return via Amazon then that is the best option…Sonos have agreed return but have to take to DHL drop point to send it to Poland than wait over a week for them to return another to me!!