Answered

my roam wont charge

Show first post

29 replies

Wouldn't the charging pad that came with the roam work with above PD USB charger?

The Qi charger pads are a little slow to charge, to say the least, around 5W, I believe, I think you might need to kick-start it with a USB-C connection, but it’s also not clear if using the Apple’s incorrect voltage charger might have caused your device to go into some kind of fault-state (perhaps?). I see you tried the ‘off the charger’ power-reset by holding the rear power button for 20s or so … note: it’s worth trying that reset a couple of times inbetween each 1 hour charge period to try to get the Roam going again.

If you do have a PD certified charger, then I’d certainly give that a go as I know one of its seven in-built voltage power-outputs is 5V @ 3A (15W) and that should (hopefully) get it going. You just need to use a USB-C to USB-C cable with those type of chargers, rather that USB-C to A that comes with the Roam.

If the issue persists however, then maybe go onto contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter. 

Hello, I ordered the USB-C to USB-C cable and used it with the PD charger.  The orange light came on.  When I checked it this morning, the orange light was still on.  No green light was evident.  I tried to power on, no luck.  I pushed the button on the back of the device for 30 seconds, no reset.  Not sure what else I can try locally.  Thank you very much for your assistance thus far.

Here are instructions how to recover after changing routers.

With respect to the battery issue, I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult, however, there is another type of reset that may resolve your issue. Remove ROAM from the charger then press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. If your finger slips off the button, restart the 15 second interval. The ROAM should respond. Now place the unit back on the charger and fully charge the unit.

Also make sure that you are using a proper charger and  that the charger is functioning.