i think I got a faulty Roam

Show first post

32 replies

@shfawaz maybe leave it plugged in long enough to charge.

Also worth checking that the USB plug you are using is not less than 1.5A output.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Tried that. No go for me. Thanks for sharing.

Just had the same issue and at first nothing was working and the reset procedure for the Roam did nothing.

It is back up and running after doing the following; (read the steps first before trying this, so that you know the timings etc) 

1. Left the Roam plugged in using the USB C cable for about 10mins to allow charge in to the battery.
  2. Took the USB C cable out
  3. Held the power button in and kept holding it, to see if anything would happen and after about 10-15secs the white light on the front came on (if after 30secs the white light doesn’t show, then unfortunately this may not have worked for you BUT I would leave the Roam to charge longer and try again).
  4. Let go off the power button
  5. Plugged the USB C cable back in
  6. Checked Sonos app and could see the battery level was only 17% and now charging.

Hope the above works for others :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Sonos has no customer service over the weekend. He said that in his narrative. I’m in the same boat. Worked for a day and now my Roam won’t power on no matter what song and dance I do. And yes, I checked the air in my tires. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you contact Sonos about this?

I have the same problem. Let me know if you find a solution

Same issue here, but a flashing orange light.  Roam is completely unresponsive to any hardware resets etc.  Wont even turn on or off.

Hopefully someone can find a fix.  Pretty pricey paper weight.