Answered

Surround Audio setting doesn’t change surround levels on Era 300s

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7

@GuitarSuperstar what are you using as test tones? I tried an mkv file but i noticed my up fire speakers are not producing any sound and the inner drivers from both of my eras are not producing any sound either. I have removed them as surround and played the audio again but still have the same experience. I wonder if it’s the audio that’s corrupted or simply not meant to be tested with the eras and I’d like to try a different source. 

I am using test tone videos from official Dolby Atmos and DTS demo Blu-ray discs. But you can download these MP4 files from Dolby’s website.

https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-test-tones_7_1_4.mp4

https://download.dolby.com/us/en/test-tones/dolby-test-tones_5_1_2.mp4

These files can also be played in Dolby Atmos directly from an iPhone to an Apple TV 4K or Roku Ultra via AirPlay.

Userlevel 1

@GuitarSuperstar what are you using as test tones? I tried an mkv file but i noticed my up fire speakers are not producing any sound and the inner drivers from both of my eras are not producing any sound either. I have removed them as surround and played the audio again but still have the same experience. I wonder if it’s the audio that’s corrupted or simply not meant to be tested with the eras and I’d like to try a different source. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ejihnen 

Thanks for letting me know. I will feed this back to our engineers.

Userlevel 2

Hi @ejihnen 

I am not aware of all the details, but I believe so, yes. If you are able to ascertain that this is not the case, please let me know here. Thank you.

Used an Android device to change the surround levels in the app and the issue is still the same; side surrounds change in volume with slider while rear surrounds do not

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ejihnen 

I am not aware of all the details, but I believe so, yes. If you are able to ascertain that this is not the case, please let me know here. Thank you.

Userlevel 2

Hi @GuitarSuperstar 

Thanks for your post!

Several of the settings sliders are not functioning on iOS devices - we are aware of this and are working on a fix.

If you happen to have an Android controller, please adjust settings on it in the meantime.

I hope this helps.

Interesting. So if I do my normal Trueplay with my iPhone and then switch over to an android device I can adjust the surround levels on there and it will raise both side and rear surrounds as opposed to only the side surrounds when I do it on iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GuitarSuperstar 

Thanks for your post!

Several of the settings sliders are not functioning on iOS devices - we are aware of this and are working on a fix.

If you happen to have an Android controller, please adjust settings on it in the meantime.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

Thank you for posting this. I am the original author of the Reddit post. Thank you for also posting this here and doing additional testing of your own. I also created a thread here in this community before I saw your post.

I truly believe this is not working as intended. Hopefully we can get an official response.