Answered

Sound Intermittently keep cutting out on Samsung TV.

• 24 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi since I’ve had my new tv set up I’m experiencing issues.

The sound intermittently keeps cutting out which is so annoying 
I went on the Facebook group forum and everyone said to change the hdmi cable which I’ve done but the issue remains. Can you pls assist ? 

TV model is Samsung 

QE75Q60BAUXXU

My set up is 
Sonos Arc
Sonos Sub
And 2 x Sonos Ones

The HDMI cable I have changed to is this one 

Pls can you assist as it’s really annoying 

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 April 2024, 15:26

View original

8 replies

Perhaps switch the HDMI connection on the TV from eARC to ARC and see if that changes anything. I’ve seen posts that mention that some Samsung TV users get a better HT audio experience with eARC switched to ARC only.

Userlevel 7

Set the Digital Output Audio Format setting on the TV to Pass-Through, not Auto.

And if you are only using the TV’s native apps, set the HDMI-eARC Mode setting to OFF.

Badge +1

Set the Digital Output Audio Format setting on the TV to Pass-Through, not Auto.

And if you are only using the TV’s native apps, set the HDMI-eARC Mode setting to OFF.

Hi we have tried that and it didn't work sadly :(

Userlevel 7

Hi we have tried that and it didn't work sadly :(

Use the TV settings I mentioned above and try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Same issues here. SMH

After trying the above solutions I still have this problem. I have seen other threads with similar/same problems for non-Samsung TVs as well so I believe this is a SONOS problem.  What other solutions are available? Maybe Sonos needs to replace the HDMI cables (and make them MUCH LONGER!!!)?  Maybe provide a different way to connect?  Something other than turning my stuff off would be great!

What did Sonos Support say, when you called them directly to discuss it?

What Sonos Support says? I have talked to them they went for diagnostics, asked to change HDMI cable… Etc… Still same issue.

I have :

1GB internet 

Samsung TV 75QLED 72A

Sonos Arc

2 SONOS Subs gen3

Sonos Er100

As my setup. I am using all highend hdmi cables.

I have tried all optiona in the forum.