Answered

Sonos Home Theater Devices will not connect with Sonos Arc SL

• 13 February 2021
  • 7 replies

I am trying to connect my two Sonos One SL’s and Sub to my Sonos Arc SL. I have had no luck with his and continuously receive an error when I try to pair each of them. Under Sound System Info I have this warning and do not know what it means: Warning: Your wireless network will not support the use of a Sub or surrounds with your Sonos Arc SL. Can someone please help with this? I am using my 2.4GHz channel to connect with the Arc SL.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 February 2021, 04:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried rebooting your router? Also, be sure Wi-Fi is enabled for the Arc in the Sonos app.

If the above doesn’t help, which it should, it might be helpful to tell us what router you have. 

Hi all, thanks for the replies! I am going to try another router reset in the next hour. I did one about an hour ago and still have this issue. The router I am using is a Netgear R6300. The manual says that it is backwards compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n so I don’t know why this would be the issue.

Userlevel 7

If rebooting the router doesn’t work, are you able to connect the Arc to your router with an ethernet cable?

@GuitarSuperstar Not without a good amount of effort. 

Userlevel 7

You can also try changing your router’s wireless channel. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4769?language=en_US

Looks like either the manual wireless channel update or reboot fixed my problem. Everything is working now! Thanks for everyone’s help!