Random 1 sec audio drop when playing Dolby Atmos from Apple TV 4K

Show first post

72 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Which cable did you use to solve the matter? I am using a Belkin HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed certified.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Did you have an audio drop for 1 second before? The C3 should not have such an issue, while Samsung TVs do

Did you have an audio drop for 1 second before? The C3 should not have such an issue, while Samsung TVs do

Yes. Random at Dolby Atmos content. Especially in Netflix on Apple TV 4K 3gen.

Exactly like in first post in this thread.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Had to remove the HDFury Arcana, wife did not like the delays/black screens so back to the dropouts now.

The delays and black screen might be due to the HDMI switch. I suggest you get an HDFURY VRRoom that combines an Arcana 2 with HDMI switch and everything will work fine.

I have the exact same issue when using atmos on my Apple TV, samsung TV, and Sonos Arc. 1 second audio drop offs randomly. It really does take you out of the immersive experience. I found that if you switch to 5.1 it stops, but why would you buy a ridiculously expensive equipment like Sonos if you can’t use all its features?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the exact same issue when using atmos on my Apple TV, samsung TV, and Sonos Arc. 1 second audio drop offs randomly. It really does take you out of the immersive experience. I found that if you switch to 5.1 it stops, but why would you buy a ridiculously expensive equipment like Sonos if you can’t use all its features?

It's frustrating, not going to lie. But since Sonos, Apple and Samsung really doesn't acknowledge the problem, it's not much to do other than set it to 5.1. Sadly. :/

TV OS 17 doesn't help either. 

This issue seems to only be affecting Samsung TV, specifically when playing certain content from ATV.

Badge

It’s happening on my LG tv too

What did Sonos Support say, when you called them?

It’s happening on my LG tv too

What TV model do you have?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Dolby Mat issue, Apple TV and Xbox use Dolby Mat and Sonos need to sort this issue with Dolby Mat.

I am facing the same issue, my apple 4k connected to Samsung 2021 model and the arc is connected to earc of tv. Please post if someone finds a solution. 

Userlevel 2

I'm having the exact same issue. Samsung TV, Apple TV and Sonos Beam. Only happens when Atmos is enabled.

Badge

Might be unrelated, but I also see audio stuttering ONLY on Atmos 4K discs playing through my LG C2 and Sonos Ultimate Immersive setup. 

There must be some glitch with playing Atmos tracks.

I haven’t verified whether 15.11 solves it yet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have now fitted an Orei HDA-935 all working perfectly now, no sound dropouts and no delays/black screens so the wife is happy as am I.

can you please remind me which TV are you using? And are you using a combo of  HDFury Arcana (or Arcana 2?) and Orei? I assume that in your setting you do not have devices (like PS5) that benefit from VRR and similar features.

thank you

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have now fitted an Orei HDA-935 all working perfectly now, no sound dropouts and no delays/black screens so the wife is happy as am I.

can you please remind me which TV are you using? And are you using a combo of  HDFury Arcana (or Arcana 2?) and Orei? I assume that in your setting you do not have devices (like PS5) that benefit from VRR and similar features.

thank you

I am using a Samsung Q80T, Apple TV 4K 3rd gen, Xbox Series X and the Orei HDA-935.

I have connected the ATV and the XSX (VRR and ALLM enabled) to the Orei this then connects to the Beam and the TV.

No HDFury Arcana fitted anymore as this was causing black screens and delays when switching from SDR to HDR content on the ATV. 

The Orei HDA-935 does not have the black screen and delays when switching from SDR to HDR content on the ATV and I now just switch on the device I want to use and the Orei auto switches to that and away we go.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you - I have a Samsung Q90T

to which TV HDMI port is the Orei connected to? The HDMI 2.1 one?

I think you miss VRR with this solution and for sure 120hz on the game console. Is that correct?

So is the random 1 second sound drop out when Apple TV 4K is enabled a Sonos issue or is my Samsung TV not passing through the Dolby Atmos signal correctly? 

As others have noted. To have been dealing with this issue for over a year is insane given the companies involved are Apple, Sonos and Samsung. Surely between the 3 of them they could work out a software patch to fix an issue effecting so many of their customers. 

Anyone tried emailing all 3 CEOs in a single email lol? Maybe contacting The Verge to get them to cover the story and use PR shaming to get some action. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Yes port 4 the HDMI 2.1 one, I have set the XSX to 60hz and to be honest have not noticed any difference when gaming and the VRR and HDR are showing on my game picture mode.

Badge

Hi,

Have a very similar setup as yours and having same symptoms. Drops audio 1sec every now and then when playing Atmos. Very annoying.

All Sonos units in my surround setup has been conneced to wired network, and HDMI cables are changed to new high quality ones to remedy the issue but it persists. 

Sorry for my late reply. Very annoying indeed! You have done more than I can. I'm going to send my Apple TV 4K for service. Will update you on what Apple returns with!

Just chiming in here after a couple of hours of troubleshooting Atmos content and finding this forum thread. It’s a shame that I have to recommend all my friends to NOT go the Sonos route if they are into Atmos. 

Badge

I need the device to create the earc port ,old 900 e is only arc, going to try my blu ray player to see if issue persists, might change input to tv from arc port to the other enhanced hdmi port, otherwise I recommend the ezcoo as a more affordable device than the arcana and way better than orei to create an earc hdmi for Sonos using an older tv…..