Answered

Arc stops working with TV , was working fine

• 9 November 2020
  • 56 replies

Show first post

56 replies

Userlevel 1

Same issue… I use Sonos at two homes on different accounts- one with Samsung QLED and google wifi, the other with LG OLED and netgear router. We have used Sonos for several years, 10 speakers in total with no issues. Something about the combination of S2 and Arc soundbars have made both systems extremely unstable. There are constant dropped audio streams, disconnects from the TV or the network, loss of surrounds from the system, etc. 

Tech support by phone has been unable to help. Forums always blame user error or router / network config. It’s extremely frustrating and disappointing. Please fix it. The ability of these speakers to play audio is not a feature- it is the core function and needs to be reliable. 

My arc just stopped sending audio from my Sony tv. It has been working fine for several months. I tried unplugging it from power and hdmi but no luck. It still works with Alexa and through Amazon music in the Sonos app. I checked and the tv software is up to date. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to solve this issue. 

Thanks 
David 

Same here, working for months and just stopped. There was a software update for my Sony but not at the time it stopped working (was weeks after). I am in the AV industry for over 25 years so I am pretty sure this isn’t user error - have done detailed troubleshooting and setup everything fresh multiple times. 

Userlevel 7

@DmSchofield Try unplugging the Arc, TV, and HDMI cable and redoing the setup process.

My arc just stopped sending audio from my Sony tv. It has been working fine for several months. I tried unplugging it from power and hdmi but no luck. It still works with Alexa and through Amazon music in the Sonos app. I checked and the tv software is up to date. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to solve this issue. 

Thanks 
David 

Badge

I had to order an adapter I must have thrown mine away I'll let you know how it goes

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try switching to an optical connection and see if that works.

What is the source device, has that changed recently (eg firmware update)?