Answered

Surrounds Flash Green

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge

Hi John B, sorry I didn't get back to you last night but tbh I was a bit frustrated with it all. I can play music through  each speaker individually if I use Spotify.  If I ask my Alexa to play music in the living room she says it's playing, but there is no sound coming out of the Arc, similarly if I ask alexa on the Arc to play music she says it's playing but there is no sound! I guess that's an Alexa thing rather than sonos. I still haven't re-tried to set up my surround as you will see from the picture below, when I added the One SL's to the system it added then as living room 2 & 3, previously all 3 were under living room.

I think you would now do best to contact Sonos Support, with the first thing to check being whether the 5GHz wireless radio on the Arc is OK. The Arc will connect to your wifi using its 2.4GHz radio then use direct routing to the surrounds using its 5GHz radio.  But anyway, I think you have tried as hard and as rationally as anyone could, and Sonos can take a remote look at your system.  You could waste hours on this yet, so I’d call.

I will also draw your attention to this thread, but I don’t really think your symptoms fit.  The flashing green lights suggest something else to me, but I could be wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@HarryTheB   Your screenshot suggests you’re on a LTE network rather than local wifi? Is that right, and if so, might it have any bearing on what’s happening? Or is that the name of your wifi? 

Userlevel 7

@HarryTheB   Your screenshot suggests you’re on a LTE network rather than local wifi? Is that right, and if so, might it have any bearing on what’s happening? Or is that the name of your wifi? 

@HarryTheB  As @nik9669a pointed out. That is a question to be answered. It looks as thought you phone is connecting to a cellular tower and Wi-Fi simultaneously. Although I’ve never seen that before. Please reply to @nik9669a question.

Badge

Thanks for your replies, definitely connected to WiFi, the lte, 3g, 4g signal shows as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you have simultaneous connections to multiple wifi networks? If so, try disabling all except the “Sonos” one. Then go through the power off everything, restart router, restart speakers process and then see how you get on with the setup. 

We know you are connected to WiFi, which is all about the LAN side of your router. LTE is about how your system connects to the Internet. Is that by a landline or mobile connection?

Maybe the LTE symbol just indicates the availability of a signal, not necessarily a connection?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HarryTheB 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you still have this problem I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. As both surrounds speakers are behaving the same, I believe efforts should be focused on the Arc. Other than after being factory reset, the only time any Sonos speakers should flash green is when they are configured as surrounds and are disabled. For some reason, the Arc seems to be forcing this.

I hope this helps.