Answered

Sonos Arc Muddy/Bottoming out Bass

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1406 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I didn't get any firmware update.  I'm part of a beta so my firmware is different since last week.

I unplugged my arcana and it sounded bad and plugged it in and it sounds good.  Not going to argue online but just stating my experience.  Good luck to everyone though.  Things are good for me now so no need to follow the thread anymore.

I’m in the same situation as you (same software same Arcana), but I don’t really see how the Arcana could possibly impact wireless streaming… So if you are hearing improvement in all situations, it can’t be because of the Arcana.

Edit for clarification.

I recently got Arcana, but that wasnt the fix for me. I did the comparison without arcana before and after the new firmware and app. The firmware alone didnt do it when i updated, BUT once I redid truplay it sounds much better now. I tested before and after using spotify airplay and there is a big improvement.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

My bass is still TERRIBLE when watching ANY film or music when the volume is set above 50%...even with all of the ‘updates’ thus far. Sonos, please help. This product has to be considered not fit for purpose. This performance complaint is when using the Arc on its own. For £800, it should be a lot more capable that it is. I CANNOT listen to any music on the volume I should be able to with this ‘premium’ product. Please advise.

You may have un realistic expectations for a sound bar. The drivers simply aren't big enough for the bass you are expecting. Perhaps you should try in store before purchasing next so you can manage those expectations accordingly 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Are you in your teens? Your desperation to have the last word is embarrassing. 

Glad to help

I tried a reboot etc didn’t work. Helping have suggested to send a video which is good they want to explore further but think it needs some sort of update?

Got my replacement with a may 2020 build date my old one was March - just as bad maybe even worse 

good to know, then maybe it is not worth sending back but hoping for a fix.

Badge +3

I gotta say, I got my ARC and Sub last week...Holy Crap is all I can say. The sound is fantastic. Watching the Baptism scene, last episode of Season 3 Ozarks...the gun fire was coming from all over the room. My wife is complaining that the bass is too good. Even crappy commercials sound grate. Music is excellent also.

But…… you have the sub

Yes, I do. I guess the issues are with those that just have the soundbar???