Question

Sonos Arc disconnects randomly from all audio sources.

Hello everyone.

Since getting the ARC, I keep having issues with the ARC disconnecting from any audio sources. I have a LG B9 TV with the latest firmware installed. There were supposedly fixes for eARC on this release. Randomly no matter what the source, the ARC HDMI port will show its disconnected. This causes the audio to kick over to the TV, then about 5 seconds it shows the HDMI port has been plugged back in and switches back to the ARC.  Dolby Atmos does work from Netflix, Amazon Xbox1X etc, and it seems like when it is on Atmos it dosent do it at all. Its appears to be only with standard non atmos audio. 

I have tried the following:

1. Swapped HDMI cables from the ARC to the TV. There is currently a HDMI 2.1 cable plugged in, replacing the stock cable that came with it. To be clear it did it on both the stock cable and the new 2.1.
  2. Changed audio settings on the HDMI port from the TV. There are only two options per HDMI port. Bitstream and PCM. I have changed the settings for both. It still does it no matter which audio is selected.
  3. CEC is enabled. I disabled power save options on all devices hooked up to the TV. I thought that the external devices were powering on and off sending a signal to the TV causing issues. I can say it doesn't do it as often now, but its still happening.
  4. Made sure the ARC is updated with the latest firmware
  5. Made sure the TV is updated with the latest firmware
  6. No network issues. I don't think this would be a network problem anyway because its using the HDMI port

Im running out of ideas to try. At this point I dont think its a external problem. Its either a problem with the ARC, or the TV. The fact that it dosent do it when listening to something in Atmos makes it more confusing. Can anyone think of something else to try or have any ideas? Its not the end of the world, but very annoying.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Aaron O. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about Sonos Arc that disconnects to your audio sources. I really appreciate all the steps that you've done to resolve the issue. So that we will be able to check in our end. Kindly submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate the issue. You may reply here with the confirmation number.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

If there's any other issue you're having, feel free to reach out.

Badge

I have the same issue, happens every day now.  Didn’t the first week or so.  Just random, switches back to TV speakers, arc seems to re-power itself for no reason, then works again and switches back to audio through the arc.  This is beyond annoying now at this point.  It may be returned faster then it got here if it continues.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Stvross, thanks for reaching out.  Regarding your concern about Sonos Arc that disconnects to your audio sources. So that we will be able to check in our end. Kindly submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate the issue. You may reply here with the confirmation number.

Badge

Hi @Stvross, thanks for reaching out.  Regarding your concern about Sonos Arc that disconnects to your audio sources. So that we will be able to check in our end. Kindly submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate the issue. You may reply here with the confirmation number.

You have pages and pages of ‘diagnostic reports” on this.  I have better things to do then send in yet another, to go with the 100’s of others in this forum.  If it continues, I’ll be returning it, simple as that.  This is not a new or isolated issue.  Don’t treat it as such.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Stvross, Thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, We are asking for a Diagnostic report for us to be able to check and see what is wrong and what could be causing the issue. Since every system and diagnostic report differs from each customer because all users have different systems.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

Badge

Hi @Stvross, Thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, We are asking for a Diagnostic report for us to be able to check and see what is wrong and what could be causing the issue. Since every system and diagnostic report differs from each customer because all users have different systems.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

It’s a tv plugged into the arc, can’t be any more straightforward than that.  If you guys can’t get THAT to work, there’s something wrong, hence the pages and pages of complaints.  Sorry I ‘m not getting paid to be your beta tester.  If you’d like that to change, let me know how we can set that up.  Otherwise,acknowledge the problem and issue an ETA to a fix, or this coming back, along with the 2 surrounds and sub.  There are a LOT of competitive products out there that just work, for less than this setup.  AGAIN, not an isolated incident, READ YOUR FORUMS!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Stvross, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, since you’re a Beta user, Kindly reach out to our Beta Community team.

You're always welcome here.

Badge

Hi @Stvross, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern, since you’re a Beta user, Kindly reach out to our Beta Community team.

You're always welcome here.

This explains alot, you can’t even read, or are careless, hence why the issues dont get resolved.

Badge

Why don’t you glance over to the right of this page, where it shows “RELATED TOPICS”...look at it!  Here’s what I see: