Question

Should I pass on the Samsung Frame TV?

• 28 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Just picked up the ARC for a new home we’re moving into soon and I’m seeing all kinds of major issues with sound skipping out using the ARC soundbar and a Samsung Frame TV. We were really wanting the Frame TV in the family room but not if there are ongoing issues. Has this issue actually been resolved or is it still a s*** show? 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @jesposito,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for reaching out to us and letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information to help you out. 

The Sonos Arc can play Dolby Atmos audio. ARC and eARC are protocols responsible for sending audio over an HDMI cable to home theater sound systems like Sonos Arc. Sonos Arc must be connected to HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC to play any Dolby Atmos content. Getting Dolby Atmos audio can also depend on the physical source device playing the content and the format or output must be set to one of our supported home theater audio formats. Some TV and movie streaming services now support Dolby Atmos. Please note that even if a service supports Dolby Atmos, some shows and movies may not have Dolby Atmos audio. Check with your streaming service provider to see if they support Dolby Atmos. You may check out the following community topics for your reference.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-samsung-frame-tv-earc-not-working-6842523
https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-arc-and-samsung-earc-compatibility-issues-6844769

If you run into any issues after setting up your Sonos Arc and your TV, please feel free to reach out and submit a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response.  If you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.