Answered

Philips 55POS9002/12 and 5.1 setup with Playbar

• 14 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
Hi

I have a 5.1 setup (Playbar, sub and two PLAY:1) and a Philips 55POS9002/12 TV.

All of a sudden, TV-sound starts stuttering when TV sound is set to Multichannel or Multichannel (Bypass). When in Stereo, sound works.

I have had this setup for months without any issues, but I believe the problem was introduced with the latest SONOS update 😞.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance.

/Michael
icon

Best answer by Grønbech 19 October 2018, 08:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge +1
@Michael

Wow if that is the case I’m greatly thankful. Will try another channel on my 5ghz Network and see if it helps.

And was that the solution? I have the same setup and also this weird noise.
Userlevel 2
Hi. Apologies for bumping a thread that could be considered closed but I'm trying to find out whether the Philips 55POS9002 passes 5.1 out through optical. I noticed there are at least two people in here who have one, so I'm hoping you might be able to confirm or not. thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
@Michael

Wow if that is the case I’m greatly thankful. Will try another channel on my 5ghz Network and see if it helps.
Badge
I have the exact same setup, except I just replaced my Playbase with a Beam. No issues with the latest update. Only issue I got is an annoying static sound very shortly when the TV is switching to a HDR signal. Same with both Playbase and Beam so I’m suspecting the 55POS9002/12 to be the cause to this.

Hi

It seems, I got the problem 'solved'. Or at least, SONOS found out, that I had a lot of interference on my 5Ghz Network caused by one of my Unifi AP's. Once I turned that off, everything worked perfectly.

I don't know, why. I have had my setup for quite a while with no issues.

/Michael
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I have the exact same setup, except I just replaced my Playbase with a Beam. No issues with the latest update. Only issue I got is an annoying static sound very shortly when the TV is switching to a HDR signal. Same with both Playbase and Beam so I’m suspecting the 55POS9002/12 to be the cause to this.
Badge
Hi again

I sent the ID to SONOS (589239245). I guess it is only SONOS, WHO can use that?

/Michael
Userlevel 7
Hi
Thank you for replying.

My TV is up to date :-(

I have opened a support case with SONOS.

/Michael

Hi Michael

Great move to open the support case. However, I didn't see where you posted the reference ID as I suggested? That's an important step. Good Luck!

Cheers!
Badge
Hi
Thank you for replying.

My TV is up to date :-(

I have opened a support case with SONOS.

/Michael
Userlevel 7
Hi Gronbech

See if there are any updates for your TV. If not I suggest you recreate the problem and immediately submit a diagnostic to Sonos and post the reference ID in this forum. Call Sonos and ask them to review in real time with you.

Cheers!