Intermittent audio from Sonos Arc to Samsung QE65Q95T

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

91 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s still not fix and I have to restart my arc 2-3 times a day by flicking the power switch. Annoying to the max. 

They don’t seem to be doing much about this. Seen a few people complain about it for months and also people reporting the same issues with other makes and models of TV. 

Many people seem to have similar problems with the sound. Just bought a new Samsung QE55Q95T and Sonos surround system (Arc, sub and a pair of SL One. The problem mainly occurs after streaming music using Spotify. Then when I go back to watch TV the sound problem occurs, and the sound is intermitting. The ONLY way to fix this so fare is turning of power completely. Not enough to just switch of TV. Happens every other day. I have called support many times now in Denmark and they are just out of this world and no help at all. But yes, I am very disappointed when paying premium price for a system like this.

Same issue here, the sound cuts out every few days and we have to reboot the ARC to get sound working again with the Samsung frame 2020. From this thread it looks like it’s been a problem for months. Sonos, please fix the problem. Also in Australia.

Arc and Q80T here. Same issues for 3 and a half months now. I get sound dropping out so frequently that I am better off unplugging the Arc and running sound through the TV. At the moment, the Arc has been a complete waste of money. Is there any update on a solution? I am in Australia. Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

I’m now experiencing the sound cut-out issue. Every second, the sound from the Sonos cuts out for half a second or so. :( If I unplug the power from the Arc, it fixes the issue for an hour, or up to 12 hours; then the sound cut-out issue comes back.

Sonos Arc – Latest Sonos firmware

Samsung Frame 55 2020 – version 1402

HDMI-eARC Mode: Auto

Dolby Atmos Compatibility: On

Same issue with Sonos ARC and Samsung The Frame (2020). Sound is intermittent a few times per week and rebooking the ARC fixes it. It’s not the TV as I have tried both rebooting the tv and rebooting the ARC separately. Pity as I have been a Sonos fan for years and disappointing that this just doesn’t work with a major brand tv which has a specific HDMI port for the ARC!

Same problem just started with my Sonos Arc / Samsung Q80T, both purchased just one month ago.  Using Humax Freesat tv box, but problem also occurs on Netflix on the TV.  Disabled eArc etc as recommended above, but no effect.  The only solution seems to be to turn off the power to Sonos and reboot.  Not a satisfactory solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Intermittent sounds keep happening. I have to unplug and replug the power cable of my Arc often to reset it - like 3 times a week. I’m seriously annoyed because I can’t expect my non-techie family members and kids to do that. It has been months!

Samsung Q95T and Arc.

I hooked up my Arc to a Sony 950h and within a day it happened again. So I can confirm that it happens on both Sony and Samsung devices. Which again, points toward it being a Sonos problem. 

And...again: 3 seconds sound 1 second silence.  I need to unplug and plug it back again to restore the sound.Sent another diagnostic log (191327650)

Seems hard to believe it’s an Arc issue, since it’s working fine for so many other TVs. 

So glad I found this thread so I can follow for updates! Samsung Q90T + Arc that mutes/unmutes every two minutes by itself, regardless of input. 

My job is QA’ing pre-release hardware so I’m no dummy when it comes to troubleshooting but this is really frustrating. Even after contacting CS I was told that my diagnostic reports showed nothing unusual and they suggested that someone else in the house with a second remote might be doing it… what? I asked how to use my Arc if it shows as normal and they had no solutions and told me just to contact them again when it happens.  –_–

Second major issue I’ve had. Love the Arc but it’s surprisingly buggy and not quite fully baked.

Same error with Sonos ARC and Samsung The Frame (2020). Report submitted. (955291383)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @rrgn,

I’m glad to hear it!

I can’t recommend one brand over the other. It may be best to read through the forums to see who has the least number of compatibility issues?

eARC, not unlike HDMI/ARC, has a lot of variation in performance and implementation between manufacturers and we cannot account for all possible variables at this stage.

Badge

Hi Jean,

happy to report i’ve had no audio drops/issues for the last two weeks so the cec killer/switch on the ziggo next 4k cable box has solved the issue i was having.

On another note i am looking into buying another TV specifically one that supports eArc & i see quite a few issues reported with different tv manufacturers together with the sonos arc are you aware of a fix from sonos that’s on it’s way or can you recommend one was looking at the LG CX or Sony A8 both 2020 models.

thanks. Rrgn

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Understood, @NicholasC.

I’m looking at your system and it doesn’t look like you have any rear surrounds set with your Sonos Arc.

Have you tested PCM/Stereo in your TV’s HDMI output settings to see if this changes the audio issue?

If you do, please send me a diagnostic report from your test configuration so that I can look at the error logs for your system. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Jean C. I disabled eArc to get audio. When I did that, I had intermittent audio (1 second skips) on three separate occasion. Only way to fix it was to plug out the HDMI cable from the Sonos Arc and replug it. 

In summary: Disabling eArc didn’t resolve my intermittent sound issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi all,

If you have a Samsung TV, please look for the ability to disable the eARC function in your TV settings.

In most cases this should resolve this issue.

If you have moved over to the optical port and having difficulty with your remote control, you may find this article useful. 

Same problem with older Q7 model of Samsung TV with Arc as well. I wish there was a solution. I gave up on HDMI-ARC and am using optical now. But volume control using TV remote rarely works. 

Same issue with Sonos Arc being intermittent - using a 2020 Samsung Q60T. Streaming services Netflix and HBO Max appear to be fine. However - constant issues with Hulu. Only solution is unplugging the Arc. Using an HDMI cable for connection.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Samsung Q95T here with Sonos Arc. I’m experiencing this issue on the second day. Replugging the HDMI cable fixes it, not sure for how long. This along with issue with eArc is making me consider returning the Sonos Arc

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @Mikelev,

What was the media source for your Dolby Atmos True HD media?

Was this in a smart app within the TV or from a third party device like a DVD/DVR or games system?  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello @Mikelev,

Enabling eARC should only be necessary to allow the TV to pass Dolby Atmos (Dolby True HD) but is not necessary for Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital +).

The issue we are experiencing with Samsung is specifically regarding Dolby Digital + while eARC is enabled rather than issues with Dolby True HD.

In this instance, disabling the eARC will not effect the audio quality but if you change to a true Dolby Atmos source, you will need to re-enable it.

We are aware of and working on a fix for this issue but I do not have any specific information on the status and time-frame for a resolution.     

Hi - yes thanks Jean, I could not get sound from tru hd sources either when enabled. When off everything is fine. Hopefully when resolved the tv should automatically detect the input and switch to eARC etc when the source is detected and correct.

Thanks